1814 Seeds but Cannot Connect

MSM1234

Hey there, I am in the process of downloading a file.... uTorrent is telling me there are 1814 seeds for this torrent, yet I cannot seem to connect to more than 1 at a time, resulting in very limited download speeds. Perhaps there is a setting I don't know about that I need to configure?

First did you set your portforward correctly? Just cause it has seeds doesn't mean you can always get that amount. The seeder can limit the upload or your download...What kinda hardware setup do you have to get ie as router, firewall or no?, AV. You have to correctly get those configured together to get the best usage of your internet. Hopefully your not getting throttle by your ISP is so you should follow the guideline post by the MOD to improve the download at least but some bit..

I can upload to and download from rogers connections @ .25 Mbit individually... if that's a fraction of the advertised speed, then it's just them controlling their network. It's always up to you as the user/consumer whether you want to or can even afford to switch providers. :/ I wouldn't go out of my way to switch off an ISP which currently mishandles torrent traffic. I'd wait for at least opening arguments in this Comcast vs. FCC case imnsho.

Archived