very very slow upload but fast downloads!!!!!!

sunnyice

My downloading is pretty fast, it goes more than 500 kbps but my upload speed is very slow. even when im done downloading or sometimes i cap my download speed, it wont go more than 10 kbps and usually stays at 1 or 2 kbps. it used to got to 70, 80 kbps but now i dont know what happened. i dont have a router, i turned off my firewall, i tried to play with the utorrent settings and still no results. i tried upgrading to the 1.8 beta and it still the same. :(

I have a 5mbps cable internet with rogers. help please.

Force encrypted connections, disallow legacy connections (Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent) ... follow the How-To post #2 on minimal presence on the web... to see if that gets you from being mangled by their hardware.

I will say I have gotten .25 Mbit UP and DOWN from rogers peers. It is possible you will need to reduce your active load in uT as well.

can u tell me more about the voip port? is that the port i should use for utorrent? if so, can please explain how to get the voip port. thanks.

Jewelishheaven, i did what you told me and it works great now! currently uploading at 90kbps!! thanks a lot man, and everyone who helped. :)

• 11 months later...

Archived