Fatal Exception Error when utorrent runing

frize

my system is: intel dual core 2.00Ghz with 1GB ram in windows XP SP2

since 2 week ago,after 1-2 years downloading using utorrent. i encounter with this problem:

when i start downloading after a random time ( between 10 minutes to ....) my system crash and show a blue page. this page is famous fatal exception error blue page and due to disapear instant i can't read anything and system restart after reboot windows show a window and said "system recovered from previous good condition from serious serveral error".

first due to that blue fatal exception error, I think my system have some hardware problem.I changed my mainboard, Ram, Power supply, Graphic card, HDD but problem not solved.

After it i think I have software problem, I reinstall my windows(my windows is home edition) but problem resist. i bought a professional edition and install it but problem resist. i change my download manager, no other software installed in my system. but wihtout success.

I tired from this porblem, please help me. sorry for bad english!!!

There is an option in System Properties to turn off automatic restart so you can see the BSOD message. (should be Advanced -> Startup and Recovery, Settings )

Most often causes of these kinds of problems are drivers. Are you running internet over USB or wireless? Did you explicitly change anything prior to this starting? Can you follow http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 make HiJackThis and Process Explorer DLL lists and copy-paste them below in this thread?

I am using DSL by using USB router. I use this device from 1 years ago without any problem but recently after upgrading my system I encounter with this serious problem.

cpu : intel 2180 dual core

mainboard: gigabyte

ram : 1GB patriot

I change all of them several times for ensure they are healty devices!

Are utorrent have problem with dual core CPUs?

Are utorrent have problem with dual core CPUs?

Not at all. I run it on a C2D E6600 with absolutely no issues. The exact BSOD error would still be nice.

Edit: Or whatever -- you already solved your problem in another thread. Cross-posting leads to this kind of situation (someone trying to help you after you already received help). Don't do it again.

Ultima! Sorry for it! after I create this topic, I find that topic chanceful and similar to my topic and i post there but i request to moderator to merge my topic with that topic.

BUT my problem is persist and when i change my cpu from dual core to my old celeron cpu, problem solved. but when i change celeron to my E2160 reseting and fatal error occurence start immediately.

I surprised from this problem :(

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

"here" means in a NEW thread.

@frize: Do post updated logs here (as in "in this thread").

• 3 weeks later...

Archived