My utorrent isnt downloading my torrents (no network status icon)

excalibur

* BEFORE EVERYONE IN HERE FLAMS ME FOR NOT READING FAQS OR ANY OTHER CRAP....I ALREADY HAVE AND IT DOESNT APPLY TO ME*

with that said i would like to say my utorrent isnt downloading. It will randomly download 1 torrent every month when i have like 10 or so offline. It says there offline(timed out) but i know its not the torrent that is messing things up its my connection. so i asume its my connection and check my speed check to see if my port is forwarding and all that stuff and it says its working good. Ive looked at all the guides and mabye its just me not reading well enough or something but none of them helped me. But the weird thing is that there is no network status icon. theres no green circle or yellow triangle or red wut ever it is. Before when my utorrent would mess up i would see the yelllow icon but now nothing. so im not gonna blam the torrents until i see that there is a green icon (or any icon that exsplains the problem) at the bottom of my utorrent.

Alright i gave a lot of details about my situation. plz dont flam me.

other details:

* this has been going on for months

* it has worked before all of this crap

* i have a router but utorrent was working before with it

* i forwarded my router

* dell xps windows xp

* no virus no spam no balh blah

* my speed -> http://www.dslreports.com/im/52878389/8649.png

* its like im wrighting a novel

* my middle name is bradley

You didn't give useful information like HiJackThis logs which are requested in the troubleshooting sticky you followed (thank you) to paste the other info.

If you have no network status icon, uT isn't making any connections... verify this by Alt-H-S and look at current half open and active connections.

"* no virus no spam no balh blah"

The biggest threat to uTorrent working now is generally poorly written commercial software. Software firewalls, antivirus, and media player programs in particular.

This may be why uTorrent isn't making any connections...

You didn't give useful information like HiJackThis logs which are requested in the troubleshooting sticky

Not quite. The sticky only says the information should be provided if it is explicitly requested. Many times, process lists aren't needed at all, so there's no point asking for it all the time.

Archived