uTorrent Frozen at 0(0) Seeds 0(0) Peers

peterb67

Looking for some help. Using utorrent 1.7.7 with windows xp. utorrent has stopped working after working fine for many months.

I've checked firewall, that port is correctly forwarded, etc. Other use of internet works fine.

I notice that there is no network status light visible at the bottom of the utorrent screen. There should be a green network status light, there is no network status indicator at all.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to solve my connection problem.

Thxs - Peter

Yes, there is no change to status (lack of utorrent connectivity) regardless of public or private torrent.

I'm used to seeing the green network status indicator at the bottom of the utorrent screen. This indicator is missing. Strange but all connectivity (i.e., access to internet via browser works fine).

If I "show status" of utorrent is lists # handshake, # connections as both being "0". I'm guessing that indicates that there is no "network connection" between my ISP and uTorrent but don't know how to correct.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Peter

Your ISP may simply block all tracker communications thereby keeping you at 0/0.

The most clear answer should come from the ISPs tech support,but you may have to ask for an elevation of your request. Not always do the important information (for concerned filesharers) make it into the scripts :/

peterb67, are you on ComCast Cable ISP in Washington State by any chance?

ComCast is known to disrupt BitTorrent by disconnecting peers when you're trying to seed...but beyond that they may only do worse by region or wherever there's heavy network loads.

Is uTorrent showing ATTEMPTS to connect to other peers/seeds in its LOGGER window at bottom?

(You may have to right-click in the window to show that kind of traffic.)

Archived