Status "Checked 0.0%"

optimus prime

I have a NAS drive that holds all my torrent downloads. The problem I have here is sometimes I forget to switch the NAS drive on and when I fire up Utorrent the status shows an error. I switch on the drive and utorrent has to check every torrent file I have before it will start to upload. Now I have about 100gb of content that it has to check, 23 torrents. This takes quite some time to do. I'm working to get my ration to 1.1, close to it, so I can hopefully get into a private site. But being a newb at this I have just put up with this thing it has to do. But do I have to put up with it? I know I should remember to turn on my NAS first, but sometimes I just forget.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah there's been talk of some sort of "recovery" mode after the specific "cannot find file" errors due to things like that. :/ Are you sure it checked the whole torrent? When you have a correct shutdown, uTorrent stores a "last valid state" which should be reverted... I'm not sure whether creating that situation of FNF makes that last_valid useless :(

I always have a correct shut down, this only happens when I forget to turn on my NAS drive after I have started Utorrent. Then it has to re-check everything one by one. I does recheck every torrent correctly as they start to seed again after the check has finished.

"I'm not sure whether creating that situation of FNF makes that last_valid useless "

Sorry that has gone straight over my head.

Edit : *slaps my own face* I just did it again!!!

Under the status section on each torrent is says "Error : Can't open .torrent file: E:xxx"

Archived