Dealing With Multi-Part Torrents

arcanemethods

By "part" here I mean anything that has a top level checkbox in the dialog presented when you add/open a .torrent.

It seems that once you have added a multi-part .torrent (and in the process selected some or none of the parts) there is no way to change that. I'd like to be able to change the selected parts of the torrent after it has been opened. i.e. I'd like a way to get the dialog that is presented at open time open again at some point in the future to check additional selections for torrent download. i.e. I'd like to incrementally download the parts.

If I am not just missing the obvious I'd like to offer some suggestions.

Re-opening a multi-part .torrent would be one way to do it but that currently presents a yes/no dialog saying it is already in the list and asking if I want to load the trackers from it (whatever that might mean.)

Another way might be to select the "Open" entry at the top of the dialog presented when a listed torrent is right clicked. (That option always seems to be grayed out, by the way.) Or perhaps another option could be added to the right click list for this purpose.

What prompted this post is that I've downloaded a set of 5 .torrents with a total of 100GB that among them have several hundred truly independent parts that I'd like to selectively bring down one, or a few, at a time over an extended period as I consume some subset of them (assuming they remain seeded.)

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm really hoping I've just missed the obvious. :-)

Bob

Yeah, it's been mentioned before, same with the actual "root" checkbox for ALL parts of a torrent (easy toggle-off).

Don't worry about learning things, that's what Ultima's manual is for.. press F1 with the uT window up to download/open it. It covers UI, function, and even some troubleshooting.

Verbosity is USUALLY preferred when asking questions. You can ask "why is it this way?" ;)

Archived