uTorrent won't OPEN?!!

nicolaluna

this is weird.... it just won't open. when i click on it literally *nothing* at all happens. no messages, nothing.

i checked in my activity monitor and it is not even trying to run. on a whim i tried opening it with rosetta; that at least got it to bounce in my dock for a split second, but then it disappeared again. did not open.

it looks like i might have an incompatible mac, but that doesn't make sense, because i have an intel mac.

does anyone know what's going on? can i fix this?

thank you!

oh no you didn't.

yes. the meaning of the word "and" is clear. it means "in addition to." as in leopard IN ADDITION TO intel. not ONLY leopards WITH intel. why you need to be all snarky like that, especially when your semantics are wrong? you not all that. besides i was just asking for help. sheesh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_and

So no, my semantics aren't wrong. At any rate, I wasn't trying to be snarky. Sorry of that's how it came across.

"In addition to" as you're thinking of would be a logical or (looking up "either or" on Wikipedia would lead to this exact article anyhow). Do note the fact that you yourself said "either or" in your followup post, and and and or do mean different things.

Indeed, and can have multiple interpretations, so I'll retract what I said about its meaning being clear. I guess my understanding of that quote is more in line with how the writer meant for it to be interpreted.

Edit: This discussion is veering off topic, though >_>

The point is, when the email says "Leopard and Intel only," it means both must be present for µTorrent to work.

ok. um. this is a torrent board? my question was about a program? clearly i didn't know what i was getting into when i posted about uTorrent, or that moderation included unsolicited logic debates....

no.... o.O

look, i'm very sorry, i really shouldn't have snarked back at you. my question has already been answered by your second comment. maaaayybe the e-mail could have said "Leopard with Intel" or something like that, but, it's too late now. so who cares.

i thank you very much for the clarification. this program will not work for me. and i appreciate your time and thoroughness in researching the non-grammatical meaning of the word "and" for me on wikipedia but... i'm all set now, really. have a good night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

lol never mind i fixed the issue in hand lol i never have issues with it but the problem was that i have a dual display connected to my tv and my tv was off at the time so that was the issue lol thanks alot for utorrent though you guys made opportunities for all aspects of learning and fun, wether it be movies or programs.....Utorrent rocks! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me as well. I've run uTorrent all year on my macbook and today I tried to start it and the little dot comes on under the icon for like a second then disappears. I tried deleting the torrent files I tried rebooting I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Not sure what's going on.

Archived