How to skin the Toolbar

Determination

Creation

Dimensions: 240x24 pixels.

Format: 32-bit through 8-bit BMP. Supports 32-bit alpha-blending transparency.

Simply replace each graphic of your choice, making sure that each icon is within a 24x24 box. The best way to maintain the spacing is to enable grid display within your chosen editor, as shown below.

41845265.png

For specifics about Alphablending, see the Status Icons thread.

#FF00FF (rgb 255,0,255) is the standard transparency (non ARGB, think "GIF" transparency) color used by µTorrent, so any pixel with that color will show through. Name the edited graphic "toolbar.bmp".

Usage

As stated in any of my icon releases, you must place the "toolbar.bmp" file in the same directory µTorrent's settings.dat and resume.dat files. By default, these files are located in:

Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\uTorrent

Alternatively, a quicker way to find your Application Data folder is to use this string in Run... or Explorer address bar:

%appdata%\uTorrent

Restart µTorrent, and it should be all set. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hmm not working for me, I added the toolbar.bmp and tstatus.bmp within the App Data folder (current user ofcourse). closed utorrent and restarted it but the icons are same :S

EDiT

nm got it working, I had made it save the settings and data in current folder :P, but the old ones were yet there in app data. Thanks for the lovely icons

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DO NOT release mods of my work with MY NAME as the author! It has my name on it, but I don't know the password to update / change it with the right one. What kind of a position does that leave me in?

I am in the process of going back and updating my toolbars, but it takes time. Just because I have other commitments or priorities you put words in my mouth? Unbelievable...

Archived