Version 0.9.1 has been pulled out.

Firon

Note: as it became apparent, 0.9.1 created more problems than it fixed so that release has been pulled out and we reverted to 0.9.0.4.

Apologies for the botched release.

-- kjk

µTorrent Mac 0.9.1 is now available with a few fixes. Grab it here! http://mac.utorrent.com/

# fix: speculative fix for crashes seen in crashdumps

# added: Reordering of torrent priority in the queue.

# fix: Problems when downloading selected files from a multi-file torrent.

# fix: upgraded application core to the latest code base.

Hello!

Just updated to this version. My incoming TCP port was green before I updated (portforwarded), now its in orange, no incoming connections.

www.canyouseeme.org says the port is all good though.

:)

Update: Fiddling with my router, I was able to make the incoming TCP port green now :) I did notice this build doesn't do anything when adding new torrents. The old torrents are seeding fine though.

This version is terrible! Why did you release this? Not only does it say there is no connectivity when there is it also gets stuck updating trackers. I left it alone over night and when I came back it just said updating.... on tracker status. But of course it never updates. I'm going to find my previous version and install it. I didn't have any issues whatsoever with it. It seems all of the bugs that were "fixed" have actually been created in this version.

Against a background of the latest stable release of Transmission 1.50, this uTorrent update looks pretty pitiful. No offence, but Transmission 1.50 seems to be soooo much better than uTorrent right now, that choosing it is rather logical step to make.

All the best to the uTorrent developers. You're doing a great job. But, obviously, it's just not great enough. At least for now. Regards!

(At first I was amazed by the uTorrent for Mac, especially remembering its hyper speeds on Windows, but now with the latest Transmission running even faster I see nothing in uTorrent to be amazed about.)

latest stable release of Transmission 1.50

that is the key statement in your rant. this is not a stable release, this is a beta. without making any assumptions for anyone's knowledge, i'm going to make the general statement:

"Beta releases by definition are pre-releases. They exist to help developers find the bugs they know are sure to exist."

I'd also like to say thanks to the devs, we appreciate what you're doing. I look forward to the next release.

I agree with aantikorr, but understand what you're saying Nahvi.

Nevertheless, development is going really slow, and you would think, since BitTorrent TM has aquired uTorrent, development would be rather fast, at least faster than what is the question now.

I am as well using Transmission 1.50+ (nightley) over uTorrent 0.9.1.

Ultima, please calm down. No one else is writing with an agressive tone like you.

I'm just pointing out a fact. Development is slow, you can't say that it's not. Development could be a lot faster.

If you want me and others to help in on beta testing you have to change your attitude and stop snapping at every question on development, and nightly builds needs to be made available in a fast pace, so that testers don't get bored by finding the same bugs over and over again for two months (0.9.1 took two months to make).

What's the point of being a beta tester if it takes for ever for the developers to address the bugs found?? We're doing you a favor here.

You don't like finding the same bugs over and over. So you're saying that the devs should release unready builds that would likely be much more buggy just so new bugs can be reported? The porting is still relatively raw, and many changes can still make their way in between releases (even if they're architectural, and not immediately user-facing changes). It's not the same as an application with a stable codebase where minor/simple changes can be made to fix problems without worry that other things might be affected.

And put it this way: you're tried of finding the same bugs over and over, but it's just as tiresome for us to see someone harp on the same point over and over after we've already given a response.

Yes, I get where your frustration lies, and it's understandable. But you're simply not getting where a bit of our frustrations might stem from, or why releases sometimes go at the pace at which they do (which explains why you carry on as you have been).

Note: I don't speak for the devs.

Calcadium - Nahvi was stating that the purpose of the beta-releases is to get an unready app out to people who use, and test it, on a daily basis, and who will find bugs faster then the dev-team.

This is completely true, you have to expect bugs in beta-releases..

And on the developing, be grateful someone IS doing something. You would do yourself and us a favour sticking to Transmission..

Are you even interested in help? Do you even want beta testers? It doesn't seem like it, Ultima. In stead of trying to understand what I'm saying you keep on with your aggressive tone in writing.

If the Transmission team can give out nightly builds up to 10 times and even more a week, there's is nothing that keeps the uTorrent team from doing it.

Charles Kerr is the lead developer of Transmission and develops the Daemon and Backend of Transmission. If he's ONE guy that does this, why not the uTorrent Mac team?

Please try to understand that we're doing you a favor here, and we wouldn't keep on doing so, if we weren't interested in helping :) In the end we want uTorrent to be stable and feature rich just as much as you.

Charles Kerr is the lead developer of Transmission and develops the Daemon and Backend of Transmission. If he's ONE guy that does this, why not the uTorrent Mac team?

If you want to compare Transmission with µTorrent, compare the state Transmission was in while it was early in its development with µTorrent.

The porting is still relatively raw, and many changes can still make their way in between releases (even if they're architectural, and not immediately user-facing changes). It's not the same as an application with a stable codebase where minor/simple changes can be made to fix problems without worry that other things might be affected.

But let's close this can of worms that I apparently opened and leave it at that (please).

Ultima; It would be nicer if you didn't edit your entries so fast, I can't keep up with it. I replied to your old version, and when I posted you had added what you quote above my reply.

I'm not a developer, only an end user. I don't know what challenges kjk and his colleagues faces, I'm simply comparing the development pace to his colleagues over at the Transmission team. Now that kjk has released 0.9.1, and added the new engine, I hope development will be faster, so we can find and squeeze those other bugs introduced and that will be introduced in new beta versions.

EDIT: Ultima, I really do not apprecaite you removing your replies (referring to #16), when I have replied to them in the post under yours. Don't post unless you can't stand for what you have written.

Okay, I need a break from this. Have a good day.

I was editing it before you replied, and you apparently got the reply in while I was editing. Any regular here knows I don't unjustly censor posts -- especially not just to disown what I wrote. You yourself already noticed that I make frequently edit my posts, so is it so surprising that I edited that post without realizing that you replied?

My edit in that post is my current stance as is. Again, can of worms: closed. This is my last reply to you on the matter.

SO... Back to the point of this thread: the release of 0.9.1.

Edit: And just so my stance doesn't reflect poorly on the project itself:

Note: I don't speak for the devs.

If anyone has complaints/rebuttals/disagreements about the last few posts in this thread, blame it on me, and not the devs or the project (and leave it out of this thread). Sorry for the sidetrack and near derailing of the thread.

Archived