Windows 7 Firewall blocking port

helix512

i removed the router all together and left the windows fire wall on and still yellow. and i turn the windows Fire wall off then i get a green light check.. if i then hooke the router back up wiht he windows fire wall off it still stays green. so i can complete confused on how to fix this problem.

i think its just time to kill the windows Fire wall and just use the router one i guess.

EDIT: well i thought it was fixefd but i was wrong. on my windows 7 box i cant find a way to make me connectable at all. even if the green check shows up ( and it dont stay grrn for very long) it still says i am not conncetable. on my vista box evey thing works fine. i cant figure out what or why my windows 7 box will not work. i guess ill have to stick to vista till win7 is released and you guys figur out what may be causing it. even with the firewall OFF it still says i am not connecteable. so ill leave it at that for now and wait till th end of the year when win7 is released and you gys and gfix the compatability bugs.

Archived