Suddenly can't connect to peers

articrono

Hello,

I have been using uTorrent for quite a while without issue. One day, out of the blue, even with torrents I had been downloading just fine from the day before, I noticed that I was unable to connect to peers on almost all of my torrents.

The only change that I've made to my system recently was downloading and installing a big batch of WinXP automatic updates. I have not altered any uTorrent settings, and I'm connecting fine to the trackers. After running a Glasnost test, I get all green results - my ISP is Comcast. I have read through the FAQ and the common issues threads, they did not seem applicable.

Your input is appreciated.

The torrents are not the issue. As I mentioned in my first post, several torrents I had been downloading over the past week were in various states of completion when the problem started.

The problem, in my estimation, lies with Windows XP, or Comcast. Do you have any input regarding this?

I could guess either or both at this point, but that won't make your problems go away.

Is there any error messages for the problem torrent's trackers?

Any clues to failure to connect to seeds/peers in uTorrent's logger?

(Does uTorrent even TRY to connect?)

• 3 weeks later...

I have ComCast and use uTorrent v1.8.3 on Win XP SP3 without problems.

chobits, tell us error messages uTorrent gives for the trackers...and any strange messages shown in Logger tab. ALSO try the test torrents mentioned in the 1st link of my signature.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived