Add Torrent from URL...

TrueCHoJiN

Would it be possible to get a "Add Torrent from URL..." when you right click the uTorrent Tray Icon. I would nice to add torrents without having to open up uTorrent everytime.

Also the "Add new torrent" dialog box. If you have uTorrent minimized and in the tray, it would be kinda nice to have the option to have "only" the dialog to pop-up and add the toorrent instead of having the entire program pop-up also. Making you re-minize it everytime also.

Thanks for the best torrent handler out there...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn't directly related, but I had a question about Firefox 1.5x, when I click a .torrent link to download, I have "Do this automatically from now on" checked and "Open With uTorrent", but the dialog still asks me everytime I click a .torrent link if I want to Save or Open, pretty annoying. It has happened with all versions of Firefox I've used, thanks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the first request: Press [Win] + R and paste the URL into the address field. Hit [Enter] and you'll have µTorrent opened.

The Firefox problem though. I don't think it's possible to do anything to fix it. It depends on the name of the torrent and Firefox seems to think it's another file-extension if the name contains another . or something.

Archived