Permission Denied (What gives?)

Bustacoal

I had a dozen or so torrents seeding and my little brother unplugged my external hard drive where all the files were saved. So before I realized that's why everything was broken I selected them and clicked "Force Re-Check" resulting in all the files returning to the downloads section. I realized after this didn't work I needed to plug my hard drive back in. So I did and tried to recheck again. The activity shows it's rechecking but it doesn't show a % on the status bar just in the info section. It shows up to 100% then changed to "Stopped" then a few mins later it will changed to "Error Permission Denied" any suggestions on how I can get these files to Re-Check and seed again?

The file path IS the same but utorrent doesn't seem to pick them up.

hello. i am having the same problem as above. i get "Error: Permission denied" under "Activity: " in the status pane. it is not the tracker. this was for a file that was downloading, and then i accidentally ejected the drive. when i did force recheck, the downloaded info zeroed out to having not downloaded anything :-(

with that having happened, i copied out the old data to a new place, deleted the folder, and re-loaded the original torrent in the hopes i could start it fresh anew, then stop it - copy in the old data to and force re-check. however, when i re-loaded that torrent, it also got the same error.

and, worse - i just downloaded and added a completely different torrent. about 1 minute after it started transferring data, it switched also to this "Error: Permission denied" state.

these behaviors didnt appear until i upgraded to the new .0912 version of utorrent. i also just upgraded to the later build of .0912 and these behaviors remain consistent. not sure what other details i can give that would help. thanks!

• 2 years later...

Same problem: "Error: Permission denied" after a few minutes downloading.

Recently updated utorrent.

utorrent settings don't remember my selected download folder.

Sol_ie's fix works for me.

- Set correct download folder in utorrent settings.

- Remove and reload any affected torrents.

Archived