uTorrent Download Problem

BenMunro

Hi all,

I've jsut had to format my PC and installed all my programs etc. When I try and download a torrent it shows in uTorrent but doesnt download, the arrow stays Red,

I thought it could be to do with my firewall, I'm Using AVG Internet Security V8.5.

Only problem is, not sure how to enable it in the firewall.....

Need some help if possable:) new to uTorrent so laymans terms would be good, :)

Regards

BM

How does it behave with another torrent which has not only a demonoid tracker?

In you screenshot the situation is clear so far: only 1 centralized tracker (demonoid) with no answer and DHT without answer too (0 nodes) at that moment in time at least. So no connection possible with other peers because uT does not know where to find them. :)

You may manually add some public trackers to see if it improves your situation, wait for the demonoid tracker to reply (if your network connection is allowing it) or simply get another torrent. :D

Hi All, Again.....

Tried it all again and still no look, tired differant torrents from differant sites, all go into UT ok but the arrow goes stright to red, not green/blue... tired the new one and rolled back to 1.6.1.... cant find anything on my firewall about Ut that isnt allowed its all green and okay.... cant find anything in google either..... anyone reccoment BitCommet?

Thanks

If you have a firewall configuration issue than changing the client will not change anything to the problem I'd say...

All "green and ok" in the FW does not mean anything since you very likely will have to manually create a rule to allow tcp/udp traffic for a specified client (uT) for at least the port you setup in uT. I don't know every software FW so I can't help more, you'll have to look at their help / support / tutuorial files.

One other thing you could do is try to find a setting to log the blocked traffic and have a look if you see entries in these logs while trying to connect with uT, this would be a proof that the FW is blocking uT.

Archived