What does "connection closed by peer" mean in tracker status?

schweinhundert

I'm getting modest, but not untypical download speeds, but 100% of my torrents have this message 100% of the time. I can't find anywhere on utorrent's info telling me what it means.

Is it bad, or can I live with it? Am I getting slower speeds than I should?

Oh, my network ok check thing at the bottom is green and happy. I'm forwarded through my firewall.

I honestly have no idea what the tracker even does, after all these years.

Thanks!

Like I said, I have no idea what tracker(s) each or any torrent is using. I know absolutely nothing about them at all, despite reading about them on wikipedia. It told me zilch.

In many years, I've never had to even glance at them, everything has always worked fine. I AM new to utorrent, used to use vuze, so it's not like I've had this message long. I honestly don't know if it's been there from day one (a few weeks now) or that I just noticed it, but it's there now, 100% of the time, 100% of the torrents.

I can start a new torrent fine, and they all work still. My speeds are about half what I used to max lately, though I can't say if it has anything to do with this issue. They're still tolerable, and have always flown up and down due to my horrible dsl spot, miles from the nearest box.

I looked through your link, and see nothing at all about "try test torrents". Am I blind? Please point me, if so.

Thanks again.

I looked through your link, and see nothing at all about "try test torrents". Am I blind? Please point me, if so.

perhaps...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=258232#p258232

"Try testing a torrent from OpenOffice.org, Slackware Linux, or Ubuntu Linux? (If any of them run quickly, then the problems you're experiencing likely lie only with the swarm)"

Quite probably every one of them are being attempted/used.

Working means they're functional.

Generally, if a tracker NEVER works...remove it from the list.

The pirate bay trackers are all dead for good for instance...remove them!

Trying to make connections to dead trackers = less bandwidth for other things.

Archived