How to prevent being tracked by goverment or internet company?

Neros

In theory, if you cloned a wireless phone in a 3rd world country with older towers, you might be able to do it. However, you would have to be travelling at speeds in excess of 100kph and could never look in your rear view mirror. So then you'd have to figure out what to do when you ran out of gas.

That, or launch your own Satellite which hacks into a telecom kinda like Starscream does in Transformers 2

But if you have the smarts to develop an AI such as that...why would you care? You'd be Riach, Biach!

Your question isn't clear. What do you want to avoid ? DMCA-like notice and trial from copyright owners ? bandwidth capping by your ISP ? secret services control ? lol

For the first problem, you can find a VPN dedicated to such usage. You will loose a bit of speed and it's not free but you will hide your IP and avoid most problems if you choose a good provider.

How about all of those then? All I know is I keep getting calls from my internet provider saying to stop or they will disconnect me and the most recent one I guess Paramount called them who then called me about some movie I had downloaded and was seeding for about 2 months. Got 2 infractions from the same movie one when I downloaded it and another when they called to inform me. So maybe that story might help you define my question.

Some contents and some places are more risky than others. It's clear that if you download and let in seed a long time the last big movie taken from a public tracker, you are more vulnerable than if you take the same movie but from a private tracker and without letting it so long in seed. Or by using a VPN to hide your IP. You can also use a blocklist but many people say they are useless since antipiracy companies certainly change their IP all the time.

Well I don't get them from public any more as of 2 years ago. I get them from I think there semi-private? Demonoid.Com is where the movie was from and haven't had problems with them till now. The other is Bakabt.Com and haven't had problems with them yet at all. Whats VPN and where can I get it/or something for it free? Reason for torrents is cause its free so why would I care to start paying now for something? lol

Demonoid isn't a private tracker. About the VPN I don't think it's the place to give a list, google should help you, there is a ton of services especially in countries in Europe. But I don't know a free good service. If you want to download for free and absolutely avoid those DMCA notices, I'm afraid it's impossible. You only can reduce the risk by using private trackers and blocklist.

DreadWingKnight antipiracy companies seem to prefer targeting the torrents with the bigger swarn, so public ones. Private trackers are also targeted but not so often. Maybe there are less in line with the bittorent spirit, but I find them more secure. It's the reason seedboxes providers forbid the use of public trackers, it's because they receive more complaints when people use them instead of private trackers.

Archived