uTorrent 2 speed problem

alekdaone

Hi i am fan of uTorrent and i am using it a lot almost all day :) my internet connection is 768/384 and my download usually goes to 85-95kbps teoreticly 96kbps 768 / 8 = 96. In the previous version 1.8.5 everything was fine but now with 2.0 my download is bad 75-80 kbps max i don't know what is the prob, also tried Bitcomet and Azureus and everything works fine, downloads goes 90-92kbps like before and everything is ok. I don't know if someone have similar problem with this version.

Sorry for my english

best regards

I have exactly the same problem, with previous version i was able to download at full speed, about 31kbps, now I can't get more than 3kbps...

I couldn't find version 1.8.5 but still looking so i can get around this.

best regards.

Edit: i just found 1.8.5 installer from my backup dvds and installed it, worked flawlessly, full speed, from the start.

@azimech49, alekdaone: as I remember, the speed numbers on 2.0 show the net-payload speed (w/o overhead). If you'll set advanced->net.calc_overhead to TRUE you will be able to see on the speed-graph also the total speed, including overhead. Can you check that , and let me know if this is what you expect ?

In 1.8.5 set advanced->net.calc_overhead is False. I know what you trying to say with this but this is other problem. I use private tracker and for example i downloaded a movie 700mb with 2000 seeders and 350 peers for around 2 hours and 15-20 min and with that i am satisfied, but the same torrent with 2.0 will be downloaded for 2 hours and 50 min maybe 3 hours sometimes. I think that this is a bug and will be solved soon.

So many people experience problems after the installation of version 2. Going back to version 1.85 solves this. WHY IS THAT?

Why should we dive into complicated solutions as given by the moderator SWITEK in this post?

I don't anything what is said in those links.

The programme worked fine, downloads were good. And now it's all problematic.

Archived