None of my torrents will download or seed!

ps2nev1

Hi everybody, I've been using utorrent Beta 2 for a while now without any trouble at all, ports are forwarded fine, and all that stuff. But one day all my torrents had the sign that means it couldn't connect to the tracker and stopped downloading and seeding! I realized I was using an outdated version of the utorrent beta, so I upgraded to the newwest version thinking it would fix the problem, and it didn't. I recently noticed that in the place where utorrrent ussualy tells you whether you have a NAT error or not, (on the bottom of the window next to where it tells you how fast you're downloading) the message "DHT: Waiting to login" was displayed. And another wierd thing is that under the "general" tab when a torrent is selected, next to "tracker status" it says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." And I know my problem is NOT that the tracker is down, because I have many active torrents from many different trackers. What could the problem be and is there anyway to fix it? Thank you very much for your help in advance!

I have zonealarm pro but I stopped using it. Come to think of it, I think I stopped using it about when utorrent stopped working...? And I also found out that the problem isn't utorrent cuz I just tried aureus and that didn't work either... Any ideas?

WOW! I just tryed starting up zone alarm and now utorrent is working fine! That's very strange! Does anyone know why that happened? Cuz I don't want to continue using zonealarm, does anyone know how to make utorretn worek without zonealarm running? Thanks for your help in advance!

I don't understand the difference it would make if I uninstalled it rather than just not used it. All its processes were completly disabled, so why would that fix it? And onealarm is configured to allow utorrent to work, it's when zonealarm is OFF that utorrent doesn't work.

Archived