I am trying to download a utorrent file and tries to open wmp

sweitzerk

Everytime Ive tried to download a utorrent file insteand of asking to run and go to utorrent it says open and goes to Windows Media Player. Ive uninstalled Utorrent and reinstalled. Still didnt solve the problem. This problem just started. I also use KMplayer to view my movies it seem to be the only way I can view movies. and have to uninstall it everytime before I try to download a new movie file. please help me and explain what I need to do in detail

• 2 weeks later...

I cant download a utorrent file. Instead of downloading the file it opens to WMP instead of running the download. I can play movies I've downloaded previousily just fine on Utorernt and WMP which ever I choose. But suddenly I can no longer download any utorrent files?

• 1 month later...

Im having the same problem!

When i click to download a torrent instead of the option coming up asking me where i would like to save the torrent file (i.e my desktop) windows media player automatically opens with the message "the selected file has an extension .torrent, that is not recognised by WMP" however windows media player cant play the content of the .torrent file as i have not even download it using U torrent!!

• 5 weeks later...

I Have Been Having The Same Problem Dont Know How It Suddenly Started But I Have Now Found That When You Click On The Download This Torrent Move The Mouse Over The Bit To The Right That Says Magnet Link And Click There And All Seems To Work Well From There I Am Back To Downloading Ok Again Now Hope This Will Help Everyone With This Prob

Archived