How long is seeding supposed to take?

SassiTex

I'm assuming you left your utorrent with the default settings. This means that the torrent will not be officially "finished" until it has a ratio 1.5, meaning you have seeded all you have download, plus 50%.

You can change this under preferences>queueing although it really doesn't make a difference.

Seeding is good! give back to the community :)

But I think its good to give back 1.5 as long as you have the bandwidth and it doesnt kill your network. Some torrent sites actually have it as a requirement that you do at least 1.0 otherwise they kick you off the site. These keeps people from leeching

• 5 weeks later...

Hello from a beginner!

My downloading stopped on 45% - "status" downloading, "seeds" 0(1), "peers" 0(2).

It stays that way more than 2 hours. The job is for 30 files, total of 14 GB. I wouldn't like to lose the already received data. What is your advise?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

please i downloaded a download (chessmaster vi Grandmaster editoin) 3.58gb size.completed it it was in a rar fomat and i unziped it using 7zip.now i got into the folder and saw the downloaded file as .MDF file.

It says its seeding and uploading.

I dont know what to do.i cant even instal it.please i need help.how do i install it.windows said it doesnt rocognise the file.

Regards.

• 1 month later...

Tried hoping for more seeds to appear. No such luck. All right, I'm giving up this this torrent and moving on...

Also, to your question about how long seeding should take, it actually varies between different torrents. There is no truly definite time that every seeding torrent must follow. So... just wait till the ratio's 1.5 and I think that'll be it. As debigG rightfully says, it is good to give back to the community! And, if I'm not wrong, the download speed will increase too! Technorabbit :-)

• 3 weeks later...
please i downloaded a download (chessmaster vi Grandmaster editoin) 3.58gb size.completed it it was in a rar fomat and i unziped it using 7zip.now i got into the folder and saw the downloaded file as .MDF file.

It says its seeding and uploading.

I dont know what to do.i cant even instal it.please i need help.how do i install it.windows said it doesnt rocognise the file.

Regards.

lol, download power ISO and open it with that, or create an image file with power ISO for it and then mount it with power ISO.

an MDF file is an image file, hope that helps :)

• 7 months later...
I'm completely new to this so any info that anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. My download says it's still seeding and has been for rouhgly 57 minutes. "Remaining" shows oo. Any idea why?

yer i am new aswell i was wondering i am downloading something that is 5.53 gb it is 100% downloaded but it is "seeding" how long will this take just ask me if you need details

:lol:

• 1 year later...

am completely new to all this torrent thing and i would want to know if the torrent ''quality'' can and have an effect on the performance of the torrent i have downloaded and if its possible that as a result the torrent is installing but will not run because i have not installed direct x, when i fact i have direct x 11 on my system , help is what i desire

Chichi-9 - uTorrent is a data file mover. And that is all. What you download may or may not affect the performance of your computer - when you install it. It may or may not be valid software. It may or may not have a virus. That is the chance you take when you download copyright software, etc. and put it on your computer. There is NO way for anyone here to guess what will happen to your computer when you install software downloaded from the web. There is no way (unless someone here has already installed that specific software - and I mean by downloading the same torrent that you did) for anyone to answer you. For example, You could download a torrent that contains software xyz. I could download a different torrent that contains software xyz and it works for me but not for you simply because the uploader on my torrent gave me a valid software image, but yours, wanting to be cute placed a virus in his version to mess with your computer. Downloading anything from the web is a risk. If you are not willing to take it - do not download.

Note: as far as Directx - goes, someone could have developed software (a game perhaps) that requires a specific version of directx and checks for it. You may have installed the latest, but if they did not code a greater than or equal to version checking and only coded an equal to - you could be out of luck. It kind of depends on how old the software (game or whatever) is - as to the coding technique used. There are a lot of poor programmers out there.

• 4 months later...
I'm assuming you left your utorrent with the default settings. This means that the torrent will not be officially "finished" until it has a ratio 1.5, meaning you have seeded all you have download, plus 50%.

You can change this under preferences>queueing although it really doesn't make a difference.

Seeding is good! give back to the community :)

Thanks, this helped alot. Also for all you guy's worried about the seeding, it does show a infinity sign. You need to set a timer as Big g explained. Thank you again big g.

Archived