µTorrent 2.0.3 released

Firon

Here's µTorrent 2.0.3 stable with various changes to uTP to reduce overhead and reduce the packets per second, along with general performance improvements for uTP. This should provide much better download and upload performance.

Release notes:

• Improved overall speeds
  • Better behavior on Windows 7

Download it now!

-- 2010-07-21: Version 2.0.3 (build 20664)

- Fix: fixed bug in transfer cap where it would sometimes not refresh the transfer count

- Change: disable IPv6 on Win7 by default. Could be turned on using net.disable_ipv6 property.

- Change: added more default search engines

- Fix: fixed string truncation of &ip= parameter to trackers when on IPv6

-- 2010-07-19: Version 2.0.3 RC build 20600)

- Fix: fixed rare uTP crash when receiving a reset packet

-- 2010-07-15: Version 2.0.3 (build 20558)

- Fix: fixed progress bar when downloading over HTTP directly to a file

- Fix: crash in network thread

-- 2010-07-13: Version 2.0.3 (build 20516)

- Change: clear dont fragment bit for UDP traffic

- Change: lower the estimated path MTU 1393 bytes

-- 2010-07-09: Version 2.0.3 (build 20501)

- Change: revert all changes to defaults around show add torrent window (to 2.0.2 semantics)

- Fix: set dont fragment bit for UDP traffic

- Fix: fixed uTP crash in rate limiter

-- 2010-07-01: Version 2.0.3 (build 20367)

- Change: lowered half-open connection limit on post XP systems

- Fix: connect overhead graph was broken

- Change: lowered default connect speed from 10 to 7

- Change: increase timeouts and have fewer re-sends when connecting to uTP peers. This reduces some overhead

- Change: only rate limit local uTP sockets if both uTP sockets are limited and 'limit local peers' is set

-- 2010-06-24: Version 2.0.3 (build 20268)

- Change: show add torrent dialog by default again

- Fix: graph TCP rates when uTP is not rate limited, even when tcp_rate_control is off

- Fix: fixed bug where "apply rate limit to uTP" would get unchecked by itself

- Fix: fixed uTP crash on sockets being closed with uninitialized read buffers

- Fix: default download directory fix for multifile torrents

-- 2010-06-18: Version 2.0.3 (build 20193)

- Change: rate limit uTP by default

- Fix: Fixed fast-resend bug in selective ack handling in uTP. This could cause too aggressive resends on packet loss

- Change: fix crash when formatting a string with NULL

- Change: make uTP slightly less aggressive on loss

- Change: Mention uTP in settings and reorganize new bandwidth checkbox since they apply to both up and down limits

-- 2010-06-11: Version 2.0.3 (build 20091)

- Change: Render TCP rates in speed graph when uTP is not throttled

- Change: Moved net.calc_overhead to the Bandwidth settings pane

- Change: Turn on uTP throttling when scheduler is in "limited" mode

- Fix: Fixed a delayed ack issue in uTP (lowers overhead)

- Fix: made magnet links in RSS feeds work

- Change: made uTP packet size increase based on low delay measurements

- Fix: made uTP packet size depend on total send rate, not just uTP send rate

- Change: new advanced settings net.disable_ipv6 that defaults to True on 64bit Windows

- Change: Don't show add torrent dialog by default.

- Feature: Add checkbox to disable UDP trackers

- Change: Sharper help graphic

- Fix: fixed crash while adding torrents - if more than 100 are added concurrently it will be done silently

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandwidth limiting:

"Apply rate limit to uTP connections" state is not remembered - Check it, press OK/Apply, Open the window again, still unchecked...

Silent torrent adding:

uTorrent does not open Add Torrent dialog no matter what is the state of the option "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent"...

Upgraded using the auto-update...

I expect fixed revision soon... Very soon...

A. I wonder if it is a bug in the upgrade - that reversed it's state

B. This is surely a GUI design-flaw - having to set two different controls and in two difference dialogs this simple/simple functionality. They better change it, and the sooner - the better :P

not sure if its been added or fixed yet, Utorrent should detect when Ports are no longer been forwarded any more(router reboot e.g.) as i have to restart it or un-tick the upnp and press apply then re-tick it to make it work again

upload limiter seems to work as well (once all the options have been ticked to limit UTP and overhead)

- Change: new advanced settings net.disable_ipv6 that defaults to True on 64bit Windows

that Disables IPV6 under 64bit why ? (set it to false to alow IPV6 to work again)

also utorrent is very ban happy if it get's 1-2 parts as corrupted (even thought i may have sent 100mb of data 1-2 bad check = an IP ban)

- Change: new advanced settings net.disable_ipv6

Is this intended to solve the issue with utorrent.exe hanging in Processes, as is the utorrent.closehang build, or, will it solve the issue?

that Disables IPV6 under 64bit why ? (set it to false to alow IPV6 to work again)

There's a bug on Windows 7 that hangs the client and prevents it from closing (blocking a shutdown of the OS sometimes too). It's an IPv6 bug, and MS has some ideas as to what it is already. This hacks around it until they fix it.

UPnP remaps every 20 minutes.

As for showing the add file dialog, there's really two options that control whether you see that dialog. You need to have both "Show a window that display the files" and "Always show dialog on manual add". You can actually use the latter independently of the first - it just shows a standard Windows save dialog instead.

And for the ratelimiting, try just letting it run with uTP unlimited. I really would like to know how the performance is.

bandwidth limit and individual torrent upload limited works fine for me.. but need to tick limit uTP

thanks for the info.. I was about to roll back until I read that post

not found any problems yet myself. but I did just rename it to utorrent.exe and placed over top of

existing on directly in programs folder its installed. (XP 32bit)

And for the rate limiting, try just letting it run with uTP unlimited. I really would like to know how the performance is.

(need to update this forum to support Quote user button unless i missed it somewhere)

ping hovers around 130-250ms when set to unlimited (UTP and Overhead not ticked)

if i limit it (170KB/s) but overhead and UTP not ticked i get about 130ms ping,

if all rate limits are ticked ping is 50ms at 170KB/s

upload rate should always be set any way all bandwidth should be shaped to match it and it seem to work

over note if i do not set utorrent to less then 30KB/s i am unable to download at my full download speed (51mb 6MB/s)

Archived