how to continue torrent download in another computer..

nautilus_001

I have a "double boot" computer with WINDOWS XP SP3 and WINDOWS VISTA SP1 in seperate disk partitions.

On boot I can choose the operating system I wish and that operating system uses C: and the other (not used) operating system is in D:

However utorrent.exe is loaded from still another seperate disk partion (E:\Program Files\utorrent) (i.e. the utorrent icon in each operating system points to a common executable in a single folder).

A torrent (either upload or download) loaded in utorrent under VISTA is "invisible" when I return to XP and start utorrent. The same for a torrent started in XP; it's invisible in VISTA.

Both upload/dowload files are in again a common partition (F:).

How do I get utorrent in either operating system to "see" the torrents started from the other operating system (i.e. can I get utorrent to use a "common" control folder on either E: or F: drives (AppData\Roaming\utorrent) and not the "local" C: drive control folder)?

You can't because resume.dat is not shared through both of your OS partitions.

I guess there is one resume.dat stored in %appdata%\utorrent on C: and another resume.dat stored in %appdata%\utorrent on D:, so there are 2 torrent histories.

You have to use µT as standalone on a common partition (i.e. a partition accessible to both OSes), resume.dat and settings.dat in the same folder as utorrent.exe (see the FAQ).

Archived