Peers Not Connecting?

Dawg605

Hi.

I am getting really slow upload speeds on my torrents because uTorrent isn't connecting to a lot of peers.

There is 45 downloaders in the swarm and I am connected to 0-5 at any time.

When I was downloading, I was getting very fast speeds and I was connected to a bunch of peers (don't remember how many).

Any help? Thanks in advance.

There are 400 seeders, 50 leechers. I know it's normal to get low upload speeds, but I usually always constantly have upload, especially with that seeder to leecher ratio. When there is like 5 leechers, that's when I usually don't have a lot of upload.

So not connecting to them doesn't have anything to do with my port forwarding or Peer Exchange or encryption or anything?

I just downloaded something else and the most peers I had while downloading was 40 out of 83. Is that normal?

EDIT: I also noticed while downloading I have a Green light, but while uploading, sometimes I have green and sometimes it is Yellow? Is that normal?

400/50 is alot. Statistics: with this ratio, if every leecher connects to 20 seeds, most likely every seed will have approximately 2-4 leechers connected to him... So it's normal

For the encryption: Just to make sure you can go to Options > Preferences > Network and change "Otgoing" to "Enabled" and mark "Allow incomig..."

For the ports: if you have a green light in the status bar than it's OK (though it's not necessery to have green light)

EDIT: yes it's normal to have 40 out of 80. There is no point in connecting to everyone.

Archived