Skip startup check of inactive torrents

Alagazam

Hi

Is there any way to make uTorrent skip check of every torrent at startup ?

I have about 300+ torrents downloaded of which about 20 is active (downloading or seeding).

the rest is inactive (finished or stopped).

Problem is when i start my computer it takes ages due to uTorrent is checking for every file in every torrent.

Some of the files are deleted or moved and is marked "Error: Files missing from job...", but I want to have the torrent file loaded in uTorrent to prevent me from downloading it again.

Is there any option that disable this check for inactive torrents? If not I suggests it get implemented.

/Alagazam

Of cause I CAN remove the torrents...but I prefer not to because I download a lot of them and want uTorrent to indicate if I already downloaded one before.

My question is WHY uTorrent 2.2 cares about the inactive torrents...can't it just do as 2.0 and ignore them when starting up and check them if I want to start that one torrent...stupid in my eyes.

Suggestion to the developers is to create a option for this behavior if it's at all a reasonable behaviour (which it is maybe, but noone has so far not given a reason)

I have about 300+ torrents downloaded of which about 20 is active (downloading or seeding).

the rest is inactive (finished or stopped).

Didn't that create a lot of overhead even before your upgrade problems? Even finished downloads update tracker and seeding data.

Maybe but it didn't make my drives go crazy to 3-4 minutes before uTorrent startup.

Only a very few of them shows some seeders and tracker status "Scrape OK" and I'm pretty sure more of them are well seeded.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey.

Just found this to be annoying as well. uTorrent takes longer to load, and this offers nothing to me.

Older versions just notified when i tried to start a torrent, and the drive wasnt plugged in. This was obvious and great.

I dont need the client to show red on 300 torrents if i'm not going to plug in the external this time.

Could this be an option to check for the download locations, or just disable it again?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like a way to turn this off.

I've set µTorrent to download everything to my server. I now have 400+ torrents which needs to be checked every time I start µT. The biggest problem is if I by some reason frop my connection (or power) and the client is booted before the server. When that happens, I need to force a recheck on all torrents to remove the red marks.

I don't see any reason why µT should check the completed torrents at all.

• 2 months later...

Totally agree with Alagazam, HTV and Bjurran.

Have finished downloading and stopped seeding.

So I have the files but don't want to seed anymore, or for a while.

They are on an external HD which is disconnected (I have a lot them).

Still get those red crosses, 2.2.1 build 25130.

Can I disable this check? Can't find anything.

Or will it be implemented in a next build?

Or reverted to how it was (no checking of finished and stopped torrents).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Why it takes about 10-15 mins scraping after every utorrent start...?

I am using latest stable version from this great program 2.2.1 build 25302 under Win7 x64 SP1, but for nowadays this is the only annoying problem with utorrent I think, I need to find the reason why :)

(3.0 x86 stable version still doing this "waiting for begin seeding" at every utorrent start)

Greetings

• 8 months later...

Archived