How to fully delete utorrent off of my system?

Nikkki

I was at my local college and it said it detected file sharing software and that I should delete it immediately. The funny thing is I did delete it way before, and somehow whatever detected it is still finding it on my computer. What else do I need to delete, besides the utorrent software which I have already deleted? Do I need to delete the utorrent files, as well? By this I mean the "packets" of downloadable information you get when you search google to download whatever it is you want to download.

Also, even if I have deleted utorrent off my computer, can seeding still occur with the files I still have intact on my computer? Could this be the reason the college is still detecting file sharing software on my computer still?

If this helps all the files I still have are under a folder called "appdata" and a sub-folder called "uTorrent."

- Thanks.

%appdata%\utorrent contains your torrent history and settings. You can delete it if you want (or back it up for a future use).

If µT is closed, there is no traffic anymore.

Your school can only detect the sharing traffic if you're using µT (or another p2p client). After that, if they have no access to your computer, they can't control that you uninstalled or not µT if you don't use it (or do it through a VPN service in this case).

Archived