I am very new, and need help with downloading

lifthatiron

I downloaded utorrents without a problem, and have the website for searches set to "the pirate bay". Whenever I click on the DOWNLOAD THIS TORRENT button it always pops up with a screen that says this:

---------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\carlos\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O1QJKPQZ\ACDC-Love_Song.mpg.3483155.TPB[1].torrent

C:\Documents and Settings\carlos\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O1QJKPQZ\ACDC-Love_Song.mpg.3483155.TPB[1].torrent

Invalid menu handle.

OK

I click ok or cancel and it will not download the torrent. Can someone either direct me to a place that can help me get on my way with downloading torrents, or tell me what my problem is. I am very new to this so if this is posted in the wrong section, dont snap.

I dont want to alarm you and i may be way off base but Love_Song etc i have seen on peoples machines usually mean a virus. Maybe not from what you are tryng to dl now but from some other source already dloaded and infecting your machine. Do you use antivirus? Which one? I would start Googling. As i said i may be way off base as i'm pretty new to bittorent also.

No alarm!!!! No problem!!

"Invalid menu handler" should be in the FAQ! (IIRC)

if not here a fast explaination.

the fileestension .torrent is not associatet with µtorrent. your browser simply do not know what to do with it.

either use the button in µtorretn to associate it or just save the file to your HDD and use the open torrent function in µT to load it.

Archived