Utorrent keeps crashing everytime

flexbuffchest

Hey guys,

I have been uTorrent for years without problem until recently. A couple days ago uTorrent would all of a sudden start 'hanging' a minute after I launched the program. This now happens *every time* I try to open uTorrent. Furthermore, after I close uTorrent, most of the time it will say the process is already running even though I have made sure the process has ended through task manager.

I've done some investigating myself and my second problem seems to be a firewall issue, I use the Standard Windows Firewall, but after disabling that just to test the issue it still persists. I've tried installing the beta version of uTorrent - 3.0 build 25252 - but this didn't fix anything. I've tried uninstalling uTorrent and reinstalling the stable version - 2.2.1 - but again, all the problems I am having are reoccurring. Nothing I've done has helped at all.

I get the following information through the event viewer which may be help but I don't really understand it all that well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: AppHangB1

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: uTorrent.exe

P2: 2.2.1.25249

P3: 4dc1f4fb

P4: 332e

P5: 1

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_uTorrent.exe_f5687449bd366b280fc1bd4572067244071ce5f_0e08ec21

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: dc04f54f-7982-11e0-bbc8-00222cffffff

Report Status: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The program uTorrent.exe version 2.2.1.25249 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 9b4

Start Time: 01cc0d8f5bc7bdf5

Termination Time: 60000

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Report Id: dc04f54f-7982-11e0-bbc8-00222cffffff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived