µTorrent 1.5 released

ludde

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear users and people who like rss. Remember me? I'm that sexy guy who put out that script that made mininova and a bunch of other site's rss feeds to work! Bet that got your memory going. I (Andrew Allen) have added a new developer to our project, John Gorena, who was kind enough to port my code over to php. And everyone knows what happens when you write php. Thats right -- you make your code availiable on sourceforge! So come visit us -- we have a new name (RSSatellite) and we are located at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rssatellite and our source is now public. This is just version 0.1 and our first sourceforge project so please hang on while we figure things out. We have a working version on our homepage (http://rssatellite.sf.net) and feel free to download and use/modify our code -- just give credit where its due. Ohh yeah and no making fun of me for how simple the code is -- if you couldn't figure out howto do it then no making fun of me. ;)

Sincerely,

~Andrew Allen

(MiniRSS)

In my opinion, it should be left on by default. It'll help P2P along (for a very small increase in resource usage anyway). But that's not the final word you're looking for, and there probably won't be any final words (otherwise, there wouldn't be an option =P).

Thank You for this new release. My laptop goes from my home network with cable modem and wireless router with ports forwarded, to my work LAN which I have no control over. I've tried A LOT of different bittorrent clients and could never get good speeds in both places. I've been using utorrent since 1.1.5 and all versions since then, and they work great. I don't understand how all of the technical stuff works, I just know that it does. Thank You for the speed guide that was introduced awhile back. That really helps. The new user interface is really nice, too.

I (Andrew Allen) have added a new developer to our project, John Gorena, who was kind enough to port my code over to php. And everyone knows what happens when you write php. Thats right -- you make your code availiable on sourceforge!

Thank you Andrew! Open Source FTW!

Everytime i try to update it says i have the latest version ,but my version is 1.4 ,,something i need to ask and did a forum search but could not find ,i have uTorrent stored at C:\01=====\Programs From The Internet ..should i have it somewhere else ,i have read something like %Appp%Data or what ,can someone help me on this ,i hope i dont get banned for asking this but it has taken me a long time to find anyting about it

great program .:-)

The updated version is not on the autoupdate yet. Just download from the main page.

You can put utorrent.exe anywhere you like: Desktop, Program Files, whatever. %appdata%\uTorrent is where the settings for µT is stored.

Archived