µTorrent 1.8.1 released

Firon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I restarted the server and I can't reproduce the problem anymore....

It seems my user was logged on twice, one is disconnected but not logged off. Ppbl the disconnected "ghost" was locking the resume.dat and the real logged on user can't access it.

I restarted and now there's only 1 instance of my user, and utorrent resumes fine. Does utorrent check if the current user has access to resume.dat before starting?

Sorry I don't remember how I got that disconnected instance of my user account... so I can't really retry to look at the log.

Hi. I have a very big problem.

I use Vista (Hungarian) SP1 and I also tried SP2 too, but dosn't help. And I use uTorrent 1.8.1 (and I tried 1.9 alpha also). It worked fine till 1 mounth ago, when started the problem.

Problem: When uTorrent runs, the all internet die. I can't brows, send mails, and other things. I limit the upload speed 30kb (50kb the hole internet speed). And the uTorrent download speed is also very low, 50-100kb (700 the hole). I tried reinstal uTorrent, but it didn't help.

Now I use bitcomet ( I don't like it), but there aren't any problem. I can brows, sends mail with the same bandwith limits.

Some of my friends have the same problem with vista (some xp) and uTorrent.

Hi. I have a very big problem.

I use Vista (Hungarian) SP1 and I also tried SP2 too, but dosn't help. And I use uTorrent 1.8.1 (and I tried 1.9 alpha also). It worked fine till 1 mounth ago, when started the problem.

Problem: When uTorrent runs, the all internet die. I can't brows, send mails, and other things. I limit the upload speed 30kb (50kb the hole internet speed). And the uTorrent download speed is also very low, 50-100kb (700 the hole). I tried reinstal uTorrent, but it didn't help.

Now I use bitcomet ( I don't like it), but there aren't any problem. I can brows, sends mail with the same bandwith limits.

Some of my friends have the same problem with vista (some xp) and uTorrent.

Does it still happen with all torrents stopped? Try disabling the DHT.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a bug or intended:

Set the scheduler to "seeding only" at any time slot

have some downloading torrents, some seeding torrents.

Set the Queueing to allow Maximum number of active torrent = 3, maximum number of active downloads = 3

So when the scheduler is in the Full speed mode, your downloading torrents will be downloading (3 of them) all rest are queued

but when the scheduler is the seeding only mode, 3 downloading torrents will be uploading, and 3 of seeding torrent will be seeding (total 6 torrent running at the same time all uploading)

Also, if you check the "Alternate upload rate when not downloading..." this does NOT take into effect when in seeding only mode.

Archived