µRemote: a .Net GUI for WebUI

matias

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try increasing the "Update torrent list every (ms):" and "Update file list every (ms):" options to increase performance?

Heheh IE6... as long as you don't expect websites to display correctly or work at all for that matter and as long as you take care of your own safety (exploit wise) I for one don't care if you use it :P

@matias:

Here is a totally trivial bug for you: :P

Various tabstops in the preferences dialog are out of order.

Test Connection button is after Connect at startup, Cancel is before Save, Update file list every (ms) is last and everything in the general tab is out of order.

thanks! i've already tried reducing them before this, but the lowest value is 1500/2000ms, no help. i'll try increasing them.

well, still can not connect smoothly. i increased the parameter to 3000/4000, but no use. i leave it there sometimes it flashes to show connection, but soon lost. maybe matias increase the network timeout value will help

@sporky, will fix that in next version.

@wudicn, yep, that might be because the latest changes on network handling (introduced in 2.2). You may wanna try an old version to see if it's more stable (Send an email to the address in the about window, i'll send you uRemote 2.1).

@Lord Alderaan, thanks for reporting, will be fixed in next version :)

IE6 users should be shot on sight.

ROFLMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered before. After installing this application, kaspersky antivirus informed me that it keeps trying to connect to 209.85.227.100 (wy-in-f100.google.com). Why would it need to contact this site? The application seems to operate fine if I tell kaspersky to block access to this address.

The error log in the install directory has a number of copies of the following entry which coincides with my blocking the above site. If I was being paranoid I would think that "uRemote.Connection.GetWebResponse" was trying to send my login information somewhere!

2009/07/08 19:14:21

--> Source:

System

--> Inner Exception:

--> Message:

The operation has timed out

--> StackTrace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at uRemote.Connection.GetWebResponse(String pURL, String pUsername, String pPassword, String pDomain)

--> Data:

System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

--> Error Code:

Connection.cs:127

arkitek50:

The site that uRemote tries to contact after launch is:

http://sites.google.com/site/microremote/Home/version.txt

That's caused by the (mandatory) version checker. You can see that this also happens if you open the about window. It's just a text file with the latest version number.

The GetReponse method is generic, so in this case doesn't send anything in pUsername, pPassword nor pDomain. You don't have to trust in me, you may wanna use something like Wireshark to see exactly what is being sent, or set up Fiddler to act as a debugger proxy.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Would there be any way of implimenting the peers tab from uTorrent into uRemote?

In my oppinion its the main feature the WebUI lacks I feel as its the main tab i have open in the uTorrent interface.

Also the general tab would be great (in uRemote) with more detail than the current WebUI has preferably. I find little use for the other tabs.

Preferably a "close to tray" option too.

Yea i've got the minimize to tray option on but i naturally hit close cause vuze and utorrent have the close to tray option. Its just an annoyance really but it would be a handy feature.

Will there be support for the peers tab in the future?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have just installed your µremote, and I must say it looks great! :)

But I have a quite big problem with this remote.

I have set up µtorrent so I am able to both access via the url, and via your µremote, but when I'm trying to upload a torrent via the µremote it just says that "Opening torrent: (the path to the torrent)". But nothing happens neither in the µremote, nor the µtorrent.

Can anyone help me?

My server is running Windows Server 2008, and µtorrent 1.8.4 (with the built-in WebUI activated)

My client is running Windows 7 with µremote 2.2.

PS: The Firewall rules in Windows Server 2008 is a pain in the ass, but since both µremote and url seems to reach µtorrent, the problem must be something else, right? Would i need to open another port than the port I selected in µtorrent?

Best regards!

@loozr, I don't have a clue on what might be going on, but try this, upload a small torrent and wait a few seconds, if still nothing happens, try clicking the reload list button (it's in the upper right of the window). Also check the error tab to see if there's any additional info there. BTW, are you using a proxy or something?.

Regards.

I have tried various .torrent files, with no luck. There is actually no problem to control the torrent AFTER it's uploaded.. F.ex if i start the download on the server, then the client can pause, stop, or restart the torrent without troubble.

I'm not using any proxy(as far as i know of :P)

First there were no error.log, but when i ran the µremote as administrator, i got this:

09/14/2009 23:53:34

--> Message:

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

--> Source:

System

--> Stacktrace:

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)

at uRemote.Connection.GetWebResponse(String pURL, String pUsername, String pPassword, String pDomain)

--> Target Site:

Void CreateThis(System.String, Boolean, System.UriKind)

--> Data:

The log below the torrent window says:

[2009-09-14 23:56:47] Loading settings from C:\Program Files\uRemote\settings.txt

[2009-09-14 23:56:48] Checking for updates ...

[2009-09-14 23:56:48] Connecting to 192.168.1.5 on port **** ...

[2009-09-14 23:56:48] Found cache files for this hostname, loading info from C:\Program Files\uRemote\HashCache_579bf75ab8833ac73b92e70da492b28d.txt ...

[2009-09-14 23:56:48] You're using the latest version

But i still couldn't upload torrents, thogh i did the Run as admin. Is there another port that handles the upload to µtorrent? I really cn't understand this..

Thanx for your help! :)

loozr, that's now fixed in uRemote 2.3 (not yet out).

EDIT:

µRemote 2.3 is out!

Changelog:

* FIX: Test connection not always working

* FIX: Error when uploading a torrent if the webui username contains special characters

* FIX: Window size issue after returning from maximized

* ADD: Trackers tab

* ADD: 4 more languages

http://uremote.blogspot.com/2009/09/remote-23-is-out.html

Archived