WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Directrix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have a problem with the skin. Couple of months ago I tried to install MiniUI which worked great, but also changed my WebUI skin to this:

http://imgur.com/tTUyN.png

I tried to get rid of it by reinstalling WebUI, deleting all the settings, reinstalling uTorrent, tried couple of different versions of WebUI including the dark skin one, but the skin didn't seem to change.

I hate this skin. Can I do anything to go back to the default one with those nice Silk icons?

Oh, well, it's ugly.

I was misguided after looking into WebUIs images folder, where the Silk icons are stored.

Why wouldn't the skin change when installing a different version?

Is there a way to use the old one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just registered to ask this question, but I've scoured the intertubes and the forums for an answer and I cant seem to find one. I just got a palm pre the other day and one o the main things I wanted to be able to do was to be able to manage/add torrents from it, either through a dedicated app or through the web browser. I know this isn't a palm pre forum, but I was hoping maybe the developers might have an idea about wha tis going on. Anyways, I've set up webui before and I can access it from other *computers* but when I try to access it on the pre the authentification window pops up and asks for my user and pass but when I enter those in, it either loads a blank page or just asks me the for the information again. I've tried out the iphone theme and the mini theme as well as the default webui and they all have teh same problem, it's like for some reason uTorrent won't accept the user/pass (of course that's just what it appears to me, that could easily be wrong). I have however tested the pre on transmission's webui on my linux box and it worked fine, but they've opted to not inlcude the add torrent button because the iphone (I guess they only figured it would be used by iphone users) can't copy/paste... Has anyone been able to get it to work on the pre? Is this a bug? Thank you so much.

(By the way, I'd just like to throw out a huge thank you to the developers, i've been using webui for a while now, it's a life saver! A really great addition to uTorrent, I just hope I can get it to work on the pre!)

If you're 100% certain you're typing the correct username/password (case-sensitive, of course), then chances are likely something else is screwing with the authentication details in between. Try using a packet sniffer (like SmartSniff, which is relatively simple compared to Wireshark, yet sufficient to get the job done) to view the packets getting sent to µTorrent when you try to login into WebUI. What are you looking for? A connection to the µTorrent listening port, with a line in the packet sniff that looks like

Authorization: Basic GIBBERISH

Run that GIBBERISH through a Base64 decoder (paste into the second textarea) to see if the correct username:password comes out.

hmmm... well surprisingly after I was just about to give up I did in fact succeed in sniffing out the right incoming packet, and after I ran it through the decoder it did come up with the right user/pass... So I guess that means it's definitely NOT that? What else could it be?

uTorrent's logger doesn't show any line saying Bad username/password, no. And as far as on the Pre, it does come up with the name uTorrent on the account information prompt before I put in th einformation, it just pops up again no matter if I entered in the right information or not. If it does 'accept' the username/pass, it just loads up instantly a blank website, without any load time indicating it's doing any real 'work' if you know what I mean... I don't know why it shouldn't work, as WebOS had no problems loading up transmission's webui... I wish I knew more about programming, I'd try to make an app for palm, but nothing I've tried seems to be working. Any ideas?

Not really... There is absolutely no reason µTorrent should behave differently based on device, and I have never seen any such issue before. If you continue monitoring the connection using SmartSniff, do you see HTML getting sent back to the Pre from µTorrent? In fact, can you just post a dump of the connection sniff from SmartSniff, with sensitive information (like IP, port, and GIBBERISH) censored?

• 4 weeks later...

It still doesn't work in Safari (4, Windows), it just keeps loading, and I don't get any error messages in the console.

However, it does work sometimes when I enable the guest account and login as guest, but when I try to login as admin, it freezes.

It's a shame you use gay-ass frameworks like mootools and json, else I might have been interested to help with this project.

• 2 months later...

I got the webui for utorrent to work on my Palm Pre and it should work just fine for the iPhone. I used the files from here - http://www.davidraso.com/utorrent-iphone/ and then used the help file from utorrent to fix the password issue (from - http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/webui):

If the browser supports Username:Password (and you have the WebUI working with the first URL) then use the following URL format: http://Username:Password@YourIP:UTport/gui/

example:

http://admin:abcd@192.168.1.1:23456/gui

You have to save your bookmark with your password in it, but it works!

PM me if you have any questions

laffen13

• 2 months later...

Honestly, there's one and only one thing I thought this would do for me, and it doesn't:

Stop all torrents. Via URL.

For instance:

http://user:pass@192.168.234.33:6666/gui/pause-all-torrents

http://user:pass@192.168.234.33:6666/gui/resume-all-torrents

I want to be able to script this [using wget to trigger the URLs], so that I can have it automatically stop and start when I play quake.

Having to go to a URL and select all and press pause.. well.. I already have VNC. The point is I don't want to do anything. When I play quake, I run "before quake.bat", which kills setpoint, hides my windows key, and then i have to manually shut off utorrent.

I'd like to automate this process.

I really thought the webUI would be the place to do it, and I can't believe there's no way to do so!

All this fancy schmancy stuff just seems to be for people who don't understand that VNC already lets you go into your computer and see the REAL interface. This whole project is really kind of pointless in a sense, because the security hole is the same either way!

But why not provide some useful URLs so we can actually *automate* something!

I want to be able to have it happen as a side-effect in in existing script. The current set up does not seem able to do that.

Thanks!

Yes... (arguably) thousands of people use and enjoy the webui on a daily basis but because you think it doesn't do something (something rather specific too) it is of course totally useless.

And the truth is you didn't even really look into it because the Webui has an API and as a result there are multiple community efforts that can do precisely what you want... and if there wasn't you could have written something yourself...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=33186

I am running uTorrent v2.0 build 17668 on the Windows Home Server OS revved to SP2 (Windows Home Server is essentially Windows Server 2003). I have the client set up to automatically upgrade me as you make new beta versions available.

My webui.zip file has a creation date of 12-18-2008. The files inside the webui.zip file are dated 9-4-2008. I don't know how else to get version information from it.

I am accessing uTorrent from Firefox 3.5.6 and/or IE 8.0.7600.16385, running on Windows 7.

With recent betas of uTorrent, I am seeing two behavior changes, one cosmetic, one substantial.

Cosmetically, I find myself having to type CTRL-F5 virtually every time I bring up the app in Firefox. I do not see the same problem in IE8.

Substantially, "Add File" no longer works: I can start and stop torrents from the webUI, I can delete torrents from the webUI, but I cannot add torrents. When I try to add them, the dialog behaves as usual: I can browse to a torrent file, and then I can click to add it. At that point the file I browsed to is removed from the browse textbox, but the torrent is not added. I see this problem in IE8 as well as Firefox.

I have just installed the new web ui 0.361, previously I was using 0.310, but when I upgraded uTorrent I had to upgrade the webui too.

Now all I get is a web page without any CSS working. It just looks like a list of everything on the page without any formatting and will having loading with rotating symbol beside it forever.

I'm using uTorrent 1.85 build 17414

Any ideas?

P.S. I also tried this URL but it made no difference: http://YourIP:UTport/gui/?action=setsetting&s=webui.cookie&v={}

Already found the answer. Using the 0.362 WIP fixed all the issues!

I have upgraded to WebUI v0.362 WIP, and it seems to have "fixed" both of my problems. I can now add torrents from the webUI, and I no longer seem to have caching problems in FireFox.

Before I upgraded the webui.zip file, when I would bring up the webUI, I would get the frame of the webUI, but in the center of the page I'd see "Loading" and the rotating wait icon. When I pressed CTRL-F5, I'd then get all the info for my torrents.

Thank you for your help. Happy holidays.

Chances are, Firefox was using a cached index.html then, which would contain an expired token that can't be used on next load. v0.362 only recently fixed this by ignoring the token on index.html altogether, and instead dynamically requesting a new one on each load.

Torrent adding was indeed broken in v0.361 because it didn't support token auth properly.

Anyhow, good to hear that it's fixed for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived