µTorrent 2.0 released

Firon

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frixer: It would be great if on Win 7 /minimized switch uTorrent starts minimized in the taskbar and not in the system trat

It's a little unclear what you mean, but are you saying that you never want it to use the tray at all? Otherwise, you can get pretty close by unchecking "Minimize to tray" and hiding the tray icon. I for one want to continue using the tray for uTorrent in Win7, so like it as is. The taskbar 100% of the time is overkill for uTorrent and I wouldn't use a "Close to taskbar" type option.

On another subject, I have to say that looking at the new toolbar with fresh eyes, I thought the Preferences icon was grayed out and unavailable to me. I don't see why it's not pronounced like it used to be. Same for "Create New Torrent."

The latest 2.0 crashes on my W2K Server, or better I say it freezes, or even the whole system freezes. I am not sure if the computer hardware is broken or if it is really related to utorrent.

I would like to ask if there is a debugging or logging version available to see if there happens something weird in a logfile?

The last time it was running about 15 minutes after I restarted it after updating to the Beta release, the computer was still running as usual, but utorrent was not working anymore, I was able to kill it and restart it.

I have to agree on the new status icons being not all better. The biggest problem I see is the fact that it is hard to distinguish the blue download and green seeding icons, their color is much similar.

And the Preferences button on the toolbar looks like if it was greyed out, like an unclickable button. It should be colorized so it stands out more.

But other than that, I don't see anything wrong. It will just take some time to get used to - and of course, there is personal preference. The old ones had a more "unified" look, though...

A small bug I've found. The help file zip "utorrent-help.zip" is being downloaded as an incomplete/corrupted file at 169 Bytes in "%appdata%\utorrent".

It is because this build use new URL for downloading HELP file. But there is no help file at the moment in this location.

404 Not Found

------------------------------------

nginx/0.8.27

Old URL: http://download.utorrent.com/utorrent-help.zip

New URL: http://download.utorrent.com/help/utorrent-help-2001.zip

uTP is an alternative communication method for BitTorrent traffic that allows the client to automatically regulate its bandwidth usage to avoid adversely impacting your internet connection. This will allow you or other users on the network to download their torrents but still allow others on the network to function with little difference. This does not require any additional setup.

What if this isn't an issue? Is disabling uTP (setting bt.transp.disposition on 5) advisable if you want to ensure that you're always downloading as fast as possible?

uT not obeying connection limits again...

torrents keep going active, but never attempt or allow connections, because the statistics window shows way more connections active than I allow.

(I allow 32, currently it shows around 70, seen it as high as 110)

no matter what is going on, any kind of connection should obey the limit... if it doesn't obey the limit, don't count it against the limit, please.

-- Smoovious

I still seem to be having 2 issues with latest RC under wine.

1. When I try to add torrent through WebUI by upload or a link, it does not work.

2. Changing port through Speed Guide, does not save the port when clicking "Save & Close"

Let me know if I can help debugging any of these.

Thanks,

Andrei

xGJXps.png

Up until the point in time marked by the yellow line, I had Outgoing Encryption enabled, and allowed for incoming legacy connections. Speed was into the single digit KB range (both UL/DL), fluctuating momentarily to 100KB or so and dropping again. This happened for almost a whole day, and I had restarted the client many times. After that point, I disabled encryption and restarted the torrents, and everything seems to be doing OK.

rafi, emc: Have either of you managed to get the current build to use those icons? It seems to just ignore those bmp files being in %appdata%. My custom tray.ico is still in effect, though :\

(Also- emc, thanks a lot for the status and toolbar icons, but I'd really like the tab icons to complete the set >_>)

Is there an updated specification for WebUI?

The biggest issue I had with the WebUI interface in v1.8x as an automation interface is that you couldn't query the download path of a torrent (in cases where the download wasn't saved to the default directory). Has this changed? If so, what is the URL command to get a torrent's download path?

GUI BUGS - uTorrent 2.0 RC1

1. There are some untranslated strings (Transfer Cap is not Set. ; Grid: 3days ; 31 days) which cannot be translated because they are not added into utorrent.log / utorrent.exe.lang.txt . This bug was already reported before.

For the Transfer Cap is not Set I don't know because I don't find it, but the grid & days is translatable. I also attach there some images for some text strings that are truncated from translation text. It is a gui problem that can be fixed. One of this is already mentioned here.

ut01_t.jpg ut02_t.jpg ut03_t.jpg ut04_t.jpg

Damjan G.

For those of us who suffer from color blindness, the new status icons are impossible to tell apart (e.g. active/inactive).

I like the new icons EXCEPT for: start, pause, stop, move up/down and prefs.

I don't care much for the icon on the Trackers tab - it's ugly, but at least I can tell what it is supposed to be.

Archived