µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

HI,

Thanks for that version, look good, since quite all linux pc run now on 64 bits OS, it will be great to have the x86 64 build but that's a good start at all.

I waiting the GUI and to can test the native 64 bits.

Thanks for all great work

Best Regards

Stars

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am encountering the following error when I run the program:

utserver: 1:ELF4Àt: not found

utserver: 2: 4: not found

utserver: 7: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Is it because I am 64 bit?

Yes. You need to have 32-bit compatibility installed for this to work. Many distros do not come with it installed anymore.

for me it seems like my config file won't load' date=' even if i put junk in it...

this is what i have so far [url']http://codepad.org/KgP6LicD

You need to include a colon between the setting name and its value.

http://codepad.org/DoRSkQuM

i'm gonna be testing that after this download completes.

Also, if i change stuff in the webui, and then ctrl+c the process all of the changed settings seem to be gone when i start it again.

issues that i have noticed:

• config file does not seem to load, even if i put errors in it the webinterface always launches with zero settings. (webui port seems to stick though (which i set when i launched the webui earlier)).

• torrent > files list is there, but the % on the files is wrong (example torrent with one file, completed 100% but in files it says 94.2% done)

• "4 of 210 connected (¿? in swarm)" wtf

othervise perfect, but yes well i need the settings to work for me to be able to use it properly...

I had luck running this version on Ubuntu 10.10 Beta x64, with no CPU load issues.

This is how i did it:

1. Extracted the .tar.gz file from http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux

2. Updated ia32-libs in Synaptics Package Manager.

3. Dubble-clicked the extracted ut-server file

4. Opened my web-browser and typed in http://192.168.0.2:8080/gui/

5. When asked for username/password, typed in admin/(blank)

µTorrent is running natively in Ubuntu 10.10 Beta x64.

Enjoy.

Screenshot.png

Would this be able to run under Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS i386?

It's likely to be OK. I'm running Ubuntu desktop 10.04 LTS i386 on two workstations I use to develop and test the product. Nightly builds (including the ones released) are built and tested on an Ubuntu 9.10 image.

works so far great on a 2.6.32-24-generic #42-Ubuntu x86_64 (i32 libs installed of course).

Excellent with memory usage, 46564 on my top, while 551M my qbittorrent with same torrents open.

web ui works great with chromium browser 5.0.375.127~r55887-0ubuntu0.10.04.1

One request thoug. Can we have an option to change directories for torrents? Since I am migrating to utorrent server, I would like to have an option to seed old torrents that don't reside in the default directory listed in the settings.

Now I have to create symlinks :(

Apart from that, seem like a great job.

Cheers!

Good day.

I would like to describe a small problem I had with the μtorrent server. Ok the reason it broke was... I.

I have a remotely mounted filesystem, where i had few ISOs that I needed to seed.

I soft linked the ISOs to the 'default' download path of μtorrent, and started the server.

After a couple of days I 'lost' the mount point due to a hardware problem.

I managed to unmount the partitions, and I stopped the torrents from μtorrent server. The problem was trying to shutdown the server (utserver). I pgrep'ed the process name, pkilled it, killed -9, killed his parent, tried sigdev and coredump, but I couldn't really kill the processes. I even tried to unlink the proc from the proc table. I wanted to kill it, as when I tried to run it again it wouldn't bind on the netport for the gui. (and probably wouldn't upload/download either)

I am not bitching or anything, after all its an alpha build and it runs under my responsibility, but I really had to reboot my workstation (and thus been mocked by all my windows users friends).

I didn't keep any 'logs' or strace/lsof logs as it was rather late, and I my choice was bed and not logs.

I promise next time I will be more thorough logging all the events, and traces, but I am not sure if you can/or have seen this behavior (staying alive as zombie till the end of times).

Now I am running it from within a screen, so if I run through the same issue, I have more options of loging and killing it.

I wrote this experience as its a discussion forum, and I am really happy to see the developers to actually post replies :)

So far I am really happy with the application, I see it running now straight for 3 days with total memory usage (shared and resisdent at 517156 K) which really puts a smile on my face :)

great job once again,

t3ngu

I have a remotely mounted filesystem, where i had few ISOs that I needed to seed.

Thanks for the report. I've been building the server product on a stable code line branch, but one that is a few months behind the code line trunk. A couple of days ago, there was a point at which the frequently-unstable development trunk was stable (according to results of automated unit and system testing), so I created another branch from it. The new branch should have better handling of unavailable mounts (as long as the OS recognizes the mounts are unavailable). I expect to be releasing from that new branch pretty soon since it has been testing consistently well, although I'll first conduct a week-long stress test to see how the server built from the new branch performs under heavy load.

I see it running now straight for 3 days with total memory usage (shared and resident at 517156 K) which really puts a smile on my face :)

What were the memory usages you were seeing with other products (if any) under the same conditions?

issue: unable to change priority on files within a torrent.

chrome canary (latest): FAIL (Google Chrome 7.0.524.0 (Official Build 59341) canary build)

chrome: WORKS (Google Chrome 6.0.472.59 (Official Build 59126))

firefox 3.6: WORKS

you might be using some feature in a wrong way, youtube had the same problem a few days ago where they were using some feature in a wrong way causing it not to work.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54424

https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41622#c6

Archived