µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

Still a problem when a lot of torrent files, it still does not display, processor and lots of eats

Еще проблема, когда в торренте много файлов, он все не отображает, и проц много кушает

Yes it's eat to much cpu and memory resource, waiting for the stable version :)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify: that's probably a WebUI problem; in case there are more than 50 files in a torrent, it displays the status of only the first 50 of them in the Files tab. Which is bad.

Not only that, but sometimes the status of certain files in a torrent is displayed as incomplete, completely with an incorrect progress percentage, while the torrent itself is downloaded completely.

About cpu and memory consumption, well, it's not very bad, not very bad at all. IMHO every one of all other linux torrent clients with an at least somewhat user-friendly interface tends to use much more of both.

Oh, nevermind. Just noticed that the WebUI Files tab is paged. Those who have that problem with 50 files limit, just look at its down right corner, you'll see the page controls.

Well, I hope those would appear more obvious in future versions. Otherwise, great job.

Eats too much CPU? There is certainly a bug where utserver goes crazy in some circumstances. For me at least, setting the low_cpu option fixed it. As for eating too much memory? It uses almost none, and then a bit for caching. If you want it to use almost none all the time then turn the caching off, but you'll hurt your speeds and possibly your disk.

Oh, nevermind. Just noticed that the WebUI Files tab is paged. Those who have that problem with 50 files limit, just look at its down right corner, you'll see the page controls.

Well, I hope those would appear more obvious in future versions. Otherwise, great job.

This I have noticed that there need to flip through pages, just for me, it is not convenient. Better it will be a little longer to open the list, but it will be full, and so can be confusing

Это я заметил что там страницы перелистывать нужно, просто по мне, это не удобно. Лучше он будет чуть дольше открывать список, но он будет полный, а так запутаться можно

Well. Still, for now the Windows binary works much better, over wine. Noticeably more efficient, better controls, you can open files right from the UI, and nowadays all you need to do to get it working is "winetricks utorrent && wine utorrent". There's no much sense for using the linux server+WebUI for the actual job right now. Though I will gladly continue to test it of course.

And I think we need a way to group-add .torrent files to the download list.

It seems that the Linux build uses the same peer_id as the Windows version, unlike the Mac version (which I gather uses a different codebase). For a few reasons, a tracker I'm at would like to allow this Linux version while still holding off on the Windows 3.0a for a bit. Would you consider adding a patch to the build process to change the peer_id?

I can understand the reasons for not changing this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Thank you for the work you've done.

Please differentiate version reported to whitelisting trackers based on platform.

A tracker may want to allow the alpha version of utorrent 3 for linux, since it is a breakthrough but not yet the windows version.

---------------

Sorry, delete this post since I apparently cannot.

finally. it's great to see utorrent for linux. I'm still using wine+utorrent. I won't switch to linux version until stable version arrives. keep it up.

You may have a long wait.:)

Like my moods I switch between the Linux version and using wine + uTorrent.

I won't switch to linux version until stable version arrives.

The "alpha"-ness of uTorrent Server isn't because it is a bunch of new, untested code. It is derived from a branch that has had other GUI-less products built and released out of it, and those products have been running very well in production for months.

The "alpha"-ness is more because we are working on making it a server with the functionality people expect from daemonizable Linux executables. Some of those features will be available probably by the end of the week as long as the stress test doesn't turn up anything (it hasn't so far).

I'm trying to keep releases stable so I'm doing a fair amount of testing before releasing since people running servers expect to have high levels of uptime. The upcoming release will be based on a more recent branch, so it will include some uTP fixes/improvements among other changes.

I'm trying to keep releases stable so I'm doing a fair amount of testing before releasing since people running servers expect to have high levels of uptime. The upcoming release will be based on a more recent branch, so it will include some uTP fixes/improvements among other changes.

I really appreciate your and other developers' hard work. I just tested version 3.0 (build 21886) and it's working fine. The only thing missing is now an appropriate GUI.

THATS SUPER!

I have long been used rtorrent+rutorrent (even starting with a router based on Linux), but I thought go to the utorrent (I have a home server on Linux). I thought I'd have to create a virtual machine, and everything was incredibly easy! Very time and am grateful to the developers.

Few clicked on WEBUI, there are several issues

1) Do you plan to support SSL (https)?

2) Do not quite understand how to run it automatically at startup? start / stop files exist? OS ubuntu 910

Thanks very much developers =D

I'm flying the alpha as my only BitTorrent client (server!) and it is very stable. Making it properly daemonisable is obviously going to be useful, but it can already be managed in most cases as some threads here have shown. I've written a small Firefox extension so I can see what's up without opening the whole WebUI, but utserver works so well that mostly it is just a case of picking up the files a short while after I click a magnet link :)

Archived