µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Change: Set download location now changes the torrent directory name on a multifile torrent.

Can someone please also revert back to the old 2.0x behaviour for pointing the new location with multi-files' torrent ?

No. This behavior is much saner and easier to use.

No, it's not... :(

Edit:

wait, I think you got me wrong... I am not referring to this feature, but to the fact that when changing location, you need to select the directory ABOVE the one storing the multiple files, and not the one actually storing the files!!! Unlike 2.04 .

Thanks for the great piece of software.

I'm currently using v. 2.2 build 22982 and experiencing a small visual glitch. It doesn't appear to impede the usage of the software but it is slightly distracting. I use the software in a minimal appearance format (turning off all the toolbars, etc) and whenever I adjust the size of the window I see a "ghost" of the search box and the menu bar (File Options Help) flickers. I never noticed the issue in 2.0x and also turned off all the toolbars.

I tried replicating the effect in Photoshop so please excuse my amateur work, see pic:

74437101.gif

Edit: (11/5/2010 5:46pm CST) I enabled Aero in Win 7 and the "ghosting" is no longer an issue, so it appears limited to the classic theme.

HELP!!!! cannot download or upload....dht says waiting to log in....:-(

Fix your firewall then.

Has been working ok til 3 days ago... checked firewall then as well and all settings were ok as well...got halfway thru downloads and everything stopped...no seeding happening either. Oh and then it says zero nodes.

HELP!!!! cannot download or upload....dht says waiting to log in....:-(

Fix your firewall then.

Has been working ok til 3 days ago... checked firewall then as well and all settings were ok as well...got halfway thru downloads and everything stopped...no seeding happening either. Oh and then it says zero nodes.

I don't think that with the information you're providing anyone can do anything other than take a wild guess. There simply are too many things that can be causing the problem you're having.

Personally, I'd create a separate thread in the troubleshooting section providing a much more detailed description of what you're experiencing and the necessary logs/reports asked of you. Then--and only then--anyone would trouble themselves looking into your problem. As a rule of thumb, messages that only say "helppppp.... X is not working" are rarely taken seriously.

Fix your firewall then.

Fair call...spoke to IT friend of mine...turned out the modem/router needed reboot after all that. Just seemed strange that absolutely nothing was working. My apologies for posting here...shouldve been trouble shooting. Sorry all.

I don't think that with the information you're providing anyone can do anything other than take a wild guess. There simply are too many things that can be causing the problem you're having.

Personally' date=' I'd create a separate thread in the troubleshooting section providing a much more detailed description of what you're experiencing and the necessary logs/reports asked of you. Then--and only then--anyone would trouble themselves looking into your problem. As a rule of thumb, messages that only say "helppppp.... X is not working" are rarely taken seriously.[/quote']

Haven't tried the beta yet' date=' can i modify the torrent search_engines list in the 2.2 version ?[/quote']

This you can in each version, alpha, beta stables:

CTRL+P -> Advanced -> UI Extras -> Search Engines [Format: name|URL]

This is fantastic thank you !

Btw, I believe there are still some outstanding upload choke issues.

This new version displays a more consistent and somewhat better behaviour, but still fails to utilize full bandwidth.

(there is also the possibility of bad observation; more on that issue later, once I'm positive there is one)

uTorrent v2.2 RC5 seems to have a weird flashing box that appears at the top of its window.

I tried to reproduce its location in my screenshot here:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1715/ut22flashingbox.png

It covers part of Down Speed and Up Speed column headers in my window, and seems to very quickly flash white/black and disappear. Attempts to screenshot it failed, although I tried roughly 100 times to "catch" it visible -- so I drew it on the screenshot I made for demostration purposes. My guess is it's a separate window that much like the mouse cursor simply isn't captured in the screenshot using the Print Screen key. The location of this box seems a fixed distance from the top and left of uTorrent's window and does NOT depend on what column is lined up with it.

It seems like a data entry window/box briefly appearing that shouldn't be there.

I'm using bog-standard Win XP PRO SP3, 1 GB ram with very little else installed.

Archived