Official Thank You thread

silverfire

• 3 weeks later...

For years, the digital entertainment experience specifically provided by the uTorrent product has greatly enhanced my quality of life because it has provided me access to a large portion of this world's fascinating subject matter for my own personal enjoyment and growth. I sincerely appreciate your efforts of contributing to the hearts and minds of all Internet users.

tl;dr: +1 uTorrent Team

Literally was astonished by how quick and seamless the last update was. Seriously the most hassle free update I have ever experienced. Have just registered to say keep up then good work. Fucking awesome.

P.S I shouldn't be surprised there is an entire thank you thread. This is what software should be about.

I think uTorrent is probably the best download program I ever used and I used a lot... Well for about 22 years of different programs and uTorrents beats 99% of them.

There is only one issue I have with torrent download but that's not fixable coz it's a feature specific to torrentp2p download. The issue that you can't watch movies while downloading like in DC++

I got scared away from P2P years ago because of all the nasties that seemed to be in every second file.

But thanks to µTorrent, I can again enjoy this great medium.

It works fantastically... small, and very easy to use.

A big "Thank You" to all that made it possible. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wanna thank Ultima, because he's always nice and helpful. He also makes very useful stuff like Beencoder

I do NOT wanna thank those mods and devs who are rude and yell at you, just for not knowing the difference between MB and MiB. Remember, if you easily get angry at people who know less than you, don't work in helpdesking.

I think uTorrent is probably the best download program I ever used and I used a lot... Well for about 22 years of different programs and uTorrents beats 99% of them.

There is only one issue I have with torrent download but that's not fixable coz it's a feature specific to torrentp2p download. The issue that you can't watch movies while downloading like in DC++

there's a Firefox add on that does just that.

Fox Torrent 1.13 (Fox Torrent) Description:

FoxTorrent is a Firefox extension that lets you stream torrents as they download, from your web browser, with zero configuration needed. Very simple with just one click!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thank the people who have made the UTORRENT Client available to us.

I live in the "Third World," and I have been able to obtain many materials which I would never be able to obtain by any other means. For example, out-of-print publications which have never been sold in my country.

Some of these materials will undoubtedly save lives.

Thank you for a job that will stand as a milestone in history!

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to all involved in making this one of the easiest to use clients a newbie could possibly come across and for being such a friendly and helpful community :)

I have just finished reformatting a badly cluttered hard drive and have been re-installing all my favourite software, making small donations to the 'free' software makers I have been using for many years. Although I am new to utorrent, it was one of the first items I wrote on my 're-install list'.

I know there is a warning about being charged for utorrent - but I'd still like to donate a small amount for a product I like and appreciate so much! How about a voluntary paypal 'donate' button for utorrent?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good idea. A shame that I'm not good at thank you speeches. But alright. Thank you uTorrent for starting with a weird "u" and being a genuinelly good torrent thing and I think that I speak for everyone when I say that it's a lot of fun watching the speed lines jump up and down on that speed graph. I don't know what we would do without it. I have spent many sleepless nights watching it jump all over the screen and make pretty patterns.

So thank you, people who made uTorrent, for making all my fetishes and other needs be satisfied. :)

Archived