µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters, the file name (on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

ru

Если в имени файла есть кириллица, то имя файла сохраняется со знаками вопроса вместо букв.

yes I have the same problem, can anyone help or who have decided how to fix?

server starts kakchat file with the Russian name the torrent, but then after a reboot an error about a file named ??????????. avi incorrect, please aid of how to play around with the coding?

да у меня такая же проблема, может кто поможет или кто решил, как исправить?

сервер начинает kakchat файл с русским именем торрента, но затем после перезагрузки ошибка о файле с именем ??????????. AVI неправильно, пожалуйста, помощь о том, как играть с кодированием?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters' date=' the file name ([b']on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

yes I have the same problem

server starts kakchat file with the Russian name the torrent, but then after a reboot an error about a file named ??????????. avi incorrect

This is on the most recent 64-bit release?

What locale does uTorrent Server report in the first line sent to standard output?

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters' date=' the file name ([b']on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

yes I have the same problem

server starts kakchat file with the Russian name the torrent, but then after a reboot an error about a file named ??????????. avi incorrect

This is on the most recent 64-bit release?

What locale does uTorrent Server report in the first line sent to standard output?

Solved the problem with the coding!

He took the set here http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=593650 # p593650

put in the server boot script the following lines:

export LC_ALL="$RC_LC_ALL"

export LC_CTYPE="$RC_LC_CTYPE"

export LANG="$RC_LANG"

LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8

can not say exactly which of them helped, did not experiment, but the server is overloaded and now normally see Russian fonts, but I forgot to mention that he created a separate user for the server and all transactions made under it.

Решил проблему с кодировкой!

Взял установку тут http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=593650#p593650

вставил в скрипт загрузки сервера следующие строки:

export LC_ALL="$RC_LC_ALL"

export LC_CTYPE="$RC_LC_CTYPE"

export LANG="$RC_LANG"

LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8

точно не могу сказать какая из них помогла, экспериментировать не стал, но сервер теперь нормально перегружается и видит русские шрифты, да забыл сказать, что создал отдельного пользователя под сервер и все операции делаются под ним.

On uTorrent 3.0 b25053 everything works perfect. I am only able to find one insignificant bug: When a torrent is finish and moved to output folder, the folder used when downloading remains empty in "new download" folder. NOT a problem at all !! :)

I also have a suggestion:

Sometimes I choose to download only some of the files in a torrent. When they are ready everything is moved to output folder and torrent get state a green "Finish" status in list. What then could happen is that I forget that some files are not downloaded and just delete the torrent from list.

Maybe there could be possible to add a symbol/colour on a torrent if one or more files is set to "skip" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Everyone, I edited the utserver.conf file and set up the ut_webui_port value to 8085. Initially I removed the settings.dat file . When i start the utserver for the first time, i can view the ui using http://localhost:8085/gui

Later if i stop the utserver and start again, the ui is not getting launched at 8085 but rather on 8080(http://localhost:8080/gui)

Please advice how to make my port to be 8085 permanently

Hi, Everyone, I edited the utserver.conf file and set up the ut_webui_port value to 8085. Initially I removed the settings.dat file . When i start the utserver for the first time, i can view the ui using http://localhost:8085/gui

Later if i stop the utserver and start again, the ui is not getting launched at 8085 but rather on 8080(http://localhost:8080/gui)

Please advice how to make my port to be 8085 permanently

What exactly you have written!?

Hello! What a very long time has not been updated uTorrent for Linux, the project still alive?

It is still alive. I prepared 64-bit builds for Ubuntu and Debian a couple of months or so ago. I just checked the download page, and they are not there; I think Firon posted them to the forum.

Since the server product uses much code shared with other uTorrent products, it has progressed as have the other products. Every night, the server product is built, unit-tested, and system-tested. I've been working on other products recently; I hope to have a server update within a month that will include a number of bug fixes.

The main issue is that many private trackers don't accept beta versions of BitTorrent clients so a stable release is needed. Moreover uTorrent Server eats alot of resources (around 100MB of RAM for just a dozen of torrents and many times the CPU usage spikes around 100% for some minutes); I guess mem leaks and performance issues are going to be fixed during the private testing but the users' feedback is useless if they use an ancient version of the software. Wouldn't it be better if you guys release another beta?

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting that your experience is poor. I run duel clients on hardware from the mid to late 90s with Debian stable and experience almost no memory/processor usage with 20+ active torrents. I enjoy updating things just as much as the next guy, but this is so close to perfect that it really doesn't matter when the next beta gets released. Give me a trackers tab and the ability to edit the trackers list, and I might never update again :P

• 2 weeks later...

Now I got confused too, 13/09/2011 build ? Since build number is the same as March update and date on files inside archive also have the same date, the date on download page must be wrong.

Shad0w: Maybe a stupid question, but I assume you have selected "All" on left menu ?

Now I got confused too, 13/09/2011 build ? Since build number is the same as March update and date on files inside archive also have the same date, the date on download page must be wrong.

The date on the download page is "wrong" in the sense that the date is probably the date when the file was restored, rather than when the build was made. There isn't any new build yet.

When will there be a new build?

I was hoping by the end of September, but that's gone by. I've recently updated the web UI with something newer developed by a web engineer here. It looks like another engineer will be working on the problems with local peer discovery starting within the next week, so I'd like to wait for that, but I may start a test run soon if that work will take longer.

dir-root seems to be not working. says ./settings.dat.new cant be loaded. i use a script to chdir the daemon.

very good. no bugs so far. looking forward for it to be always updated release like w32 one.

also i would like to build a deb package for using daemon mode as service etc. and want to write a gtk conf editor gui to serve along the utserverv deb. who should i contact?

settings.dat files override .conf file. When I remove settings.dat and .old and start service daemon. It updates the .conf changes I made, otherwise it does not.

Using command line options to point -confgifile file and -settingspath dir. Running the server from /usr/local/bin wth -daemon switch and also using "start-stop-daemon".

Can you confirm if the -settingspath and -configfile screws with .conf reading?

By the way I am not using the server webui, I am using latest webui from webui thread if that has something to do with saving dat files. In a different way.

Archived