µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

When setting an upload or download limit for an torrent which is seeding or is stopped there is no instant refresh of the appropriate column, changing it on an active downloading torrent it updates fine.

Feature Request - Combined Upload Speed/Limit and Download Speed/Limit columns.

For example if I set my upload limit to 50kB/s and it was maxing out it would display as

50 kB/s / 50kB/s, this would save some horizontal space as well as make things tidier.

Also would like to see a uTorrent button which would function just like the Firefox button does and end up removing the primarily waste of space menu bar.

Went back to 3.0 for a test, then grabbed latest 3.1.2 (currenlty 26729) and it says are are no updates available.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26740 isn't available to download, it's 26729 that is downloaded on the link on the first page of the topic.
Well if you check the 'Update to beta versions' checkbox in Preference->General->Privacy,

you will get the 26740 build. I have build 26740 because I use the auto-update :)

I'm running µTorrent 3.1.2 (build 26740) on WinXP SP3. It crashes every time I try to add a magnet link.

I click a link from the browser, µTorrent is given focus and the "Add Torrent" dialog opens, then the crash happens. When the program reopens, if I add the Magnet Link again, it works. But only the first time. If I try a second time, all this process is repeated.

the 3.1.2 stable (26470) has some major issues on windows 7 64 bit.

memory leaks....even with the caching disabled it is using more than 700 MB of RAM after one night of running the program. This locks up everything: memory hungry programs like firefox become totally unresponsive because of this.(i'm guessing because of a lot off pagefile read/writes)

The gui reports the wrong things and locks up.

please fix these issues, because utorrent is unusable now for me.

switching to the tixati client for now.

RSS not working with the latest version. The list is empty and not updating.

You fix something to break something. What happenned to utorrent team ?!!

It IS working. You probably corrupted your RSS.DAT settings file, maybe during the upgrade. I think that some kind of auto-backup to all settings file should be done when upgrading to *any* version!

So, I guess the admins of ExtraTorrent and the other sites were right when they said that it's a "known bug in uTorrent 3.1.2" that there's something wrong with the hashing algorithm and that the .torrent files actually WERE indexed incorrectly. Hmm... interesting. ;)

Good thing I reported it, event though you all said it was a problem with rTorrent and NOT something that you all (the uTorrent devs) had done wrong. :P

You're welcome, in any case.

We changed the order of the keys to make rtorrent happy. Some trackers still break on the negative numbers, and it's still up to them to fix it.

It has nothing to do with the hashing algorithm. rtorrent's just overly strict about key order in dictionaries.

I'm running µTorrent 3.1.2 (build 26740) on WinXP SP3. It crashes every time I try to add a magnet link.

I click a link from the browser, µTorrent is given focus and the "Add Torrent" dialog opens, then the crash happens. When the program reopens, if I add the Magnet Link again, it works. But only the first time. If I try a second time, all this process is repeated.

Could you email me a dump file of the crash?

My email is firon at utorrent dot com. Thanks!

I click a link from the browser' date=' µTorrent is given focus and the "Add Torrent" dialog opens, [i']then the crash happens. When the program reopens, if I add the Magnet Link again, it works. But only the first time. If I try a second time, all this process is repeated.

Could you email me a dump file of the crash?

My email is firon at utorrent dot com. Thanks!

done.

So' date=' I guess the admins of ExtraTorrent and the other sites were right when they said that it's a "known bug in uTorrent 3.1.2" that there's something wrong with the hashing algorithm and that the .torrent files actually WERE indexed incorrectly. Hmm... interesting. ;)

Good thing I reported it, event though you all said it was a problem with rTorrent and NOT something that you all (the uTorrent devs) had done wrong. :P

You're welcome, in any case.[/quote']

We changed the order of the keys to make rtorrent happy. Some trackers still break on the negative numbers, and it's still up to them to fix it.

It has nothing to do with the hashing algorithm. rtorrent's just overly strict about key order in dictionaries.

Ohhhh. Okay. I was just teasing, but I'm glad that the problem is at least somewhat fixed (at least as much as you can do from the client side) for creating .torrents. Thanks.

Could you try 26745?

Currently using 3.1.2 build 26745

I use the feature to move files when completed, which worked fine before. I had my seeding goals at 0 (I know, I'm an evil leecher) to stop the torrent when the download was done.

The file now doesn't get moved, so I changed minimum seed time to 1 min and found that it'd work as long as it went into seeding mode (workaround). Another minor problem showed up: the status remains "Moving..." for the entire duration of the seeding. If I pause and restart, it shows "Seeding" as usual.

Although unlikely, maybe the directories being across partitions is relevent (moving from V:\ to S:\)

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss, this has been happening since the recent series of upgrades that popped up the past few days

You probably corrupted your RSS.DAT settings file, maybe during the upgrade. I think that some kind of auto-backup to all settings file should be done when upgrading to *any* version!

I'd like to see an official statement regarding the continued saga of corrupted DAT files. You have quite a major issue here, average users shouldn't have to manually back up their program data before upgrading and most of them wouldn't even know where to look.

Perhaps can option ca be added so people can opt in to send their DAT files (sans the Ipfilter) before upgrade so that you can track down where the issue lies? That along with providing a full auto back up if things go south.

I click a link from the browser' date=' µTorrent is given focus and the "Add Torrent" dialog opens, [i']then the crash happens. When the program reopens, if I add the Magnet Link again, it works. But only the first time. If I try a second time, all this process is repeated.

Could you try 26745?

It's working fine now. Thanks, guys.

Archived