µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.12 seems to be getting progressively worse

It would not add torrents from RSS feeds properly (didn't add trackers). So, I upgraded to the newest 3.12 b26753, since it claimed that there were some changes to that. Still has the same problem and now it can barely download. I was getting 100s of kB/s before the latest version, now I'm lucky to get over 15kB/s, usually under 10kB/s. It has been running over 24 hours this way and it is not the disk cache issue. Fixed that a while back in a prior version and I've been watching the cache use. Also, rebooted to no effect.

Anyone know where I can get an old version to downgrade this to?

Its no longer serving its basic function (acquiring and downloading content)

Forgot to mention. It seems to have trouble connecting to other computers since the last upgrade. Since it can't get many connections or hold them for very long, it can't download much.

3.12 seems to be getting progressively worse

It would not add torrents from RSS feeds properly (didn't add trackers). So, I upgraded to the newest 3.12 b26753

Stop using The Pirate Bay RSS feeds! This is not a direct uTorrent issue. They have stopped using .torrent files and using trackers-less magnet links. Not much uTorrent can do about it.

If you insist on their feeds and expect fully automated downloads, your best bet is to enable DHT, but this is also not very useful. So I hope they will implement some other ideas I have... like auto-adding trackers in such cases... :P

Mine are stuck saying moving. It disturbs me. I have the same problem please fix this,

this problem is on utorrent 3.1-3.1.2 ,i work on utorrent 3.0

PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM ON UTORRENT 3.1.2, WITH MOVING ALL TIME

Yeah, there seems to be a problem related to that. It appears to be a lie. It actually finishes moving, but never updates the status. Does stopping and starting the torrent fix it? A re-check might work too.

Mine are stuck saying moving. It disturbs me. I have the same problem please fix this' date='

this problem is on utorrent 3.1-3.1.2 ,i work on utorrent 3.0

PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM ON UTORRENT 3.1.2, WITH MOVING ALL TIME[/quote']

Yeah, there seems to be a problem related to that. It appears to be a lie. It actually finishes moving, but never updates the status. Does stopping and starting the torrent fix it? A re-check might work too.

Right, it lies... :( and the best way to go about it is to just have the devs fix it, Firon, and refresh the torrent view after it completes.. ;P

It has been on my bugs-list for some time now...

Hi, close to system tray seems to be broken... I'm using version 3.1.2 (26753) in Windows 7 and whenever I hit close, utorrent icon disapears (not in the system tray nor the taskbar) but the utorrent.exe process keeps running. This started happening after I okayed the automatic update from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2.

It's on our queue of things to fix. :)

when you download a part of the entire content the flush to disk error appear (for ex: if the size is 43GB and you want to down only 100MB of the size, the flush to disk bug appear.....in ut 3.0 no flush to disk bug, even if it's default settings enabled for both ut 3.1.2 & 3.0)

please fix flush to disk error in utorrent build 26753

proof:

b0b35e175843995.jpg

Hi, close to system tray seems to be broken... I'm using version 3.1.2 (26753) in Windows 7 and whenever I hit close, utorrent icon disapears (not in the system tray nor the taskbar) but the utorrent.exe process keeps running. This started happening after I okayed the automatic update from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2.

If you have UI->system tray->close to tray - checked, I bet you didn't "customize" the system tray for "show icon and notifications" behavior for utorrent

Fix for disk overload issue:

Options | Preferences | Advanced: diskio.coalesce_writes = true (default)

Do you mean to change it to false? I ask because i just installed this version and went to that location and it is already set as true.

Should be set to true. If the diskio section is all set to default, then I don't know. That was my problem (no idea why it changed from default), and setting to true fixed my disk overload issues. Increasing the coalesece_write_size and cache size may also help.

i keep on getting the new version popup when i allready have the updated one

the mem leak in utorrent could do with been fixed as well

que an 60GB torrent (say 40 files in that torrent) and try and download it you have to restart utorrent every day or so as it uses 1GB ram if left running for about an day or 2

Every time I turn on my utorrent this update pops up asking me to download the newest version, which I did weeks ago. This is starting to get super annoying. Is this happening for anyone else? Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

There have been several different releases of 3.1.2 during the last week or two, they have different build numbers and do fix some problems (the latest one fixed the RSS issue for me).

Archived