µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Ok, tried it again - the majority of DLs STILL read "Allocating ..." - someone *please* explain that?

Thank you.

Also, application STILL does not close out without hanging, requiring a reboot.

Something *seriously* wrong with this one (again) :(

=======

Upon re-starting the app (after a reboot), ALL of the titles (up & down) are DUPLICATED!

STILL with the "Allocating..." and now half (the duplicates) "Checking..."

Good thing I did this as a stand-alone install.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DeathStalker#225

Go to the "Start" screen in Windows 8 CP. Scroll right until you see the small tiles for your installed programs. I have found 27 small tiles related to individual sub-programs or modules in the TuneUp Utilities group !!! If you click on the small tile for "TuneUp Utilities Program Deactivator", it will open the "Program Deactivator" screen in the Desktop Screen. You will see "slider buttons" that could help you "Enable" or "Disable" individual programs provided that the "slider buttons" are not greyed out (programs that are either "Impactless" or "Required by system" are greyed out and you cannot change them).

Using this "Program Deactivator" correctly could prevent crashes and, more importantly, reduce your "LOAD POINTS" dramatically and make your system much faster.

^ Sounds complicated. If some use case of this utility does impact uTorrent behavior, and I'm sure was not validated by the devs, I think it'll just have to be bypassed (used in some other way) by the users, and not handled by the devs at this time.

Maybe there is a "Win7 compatibility mode" there worth trying out?

I've skimmed over all the comments here, and I don't think any address my particular issue (previously mentioned here). I noticed the problem in version 3.1.3 but wanted to try the Beta first to see if you'd already fixed the issue. Sadly, it's still there. :(

When trying to relocate more than one file in a torrent at the same time, uTorrent adds an extra directory (the original one) to the new path. For example, say the original path of the downloaded torrent is:

C:\Music\VA - Compilation

I don't like "VA," so I stop the torrent and rename the folder to Various - Compilation. So now the path is:

C:\Music\Various - Compilation

In uTorrent, I go to Show Detailed Info -> Files tab, highlight all the files, right-click and choose Relocate... But, when I browse to the new folder and click Select Folder, instead of the proper path showing, uTorrent appends the OLD directory name onto the path, like so:

C:\Music\Various - Compilation\VA - Compilation

(In fact, at the top of the window during the browsing process, it says "Choose where to download 'VA - Compilation' to," so clearly uTorrent is confusing multiple files with their containing folder.)

This only happens when trying to relocate more than one file at a time. Relocating individual files in a torrent still works properly, but it's a real pain having to right-click on dozens of files and manually relocate them for every torrent that's been moved or renamed.

Screenshots:

I make a folder called VA - Compilation with two text files inside (File 1.txt + File 2.txt), and create a torrent out of it, which I download to C:\.

PbTUM.png

dMXyD.png

I rename the folder to Various - Compilation:

q4V5f.png

I highlight both files, right-click, and choose Relocate...:

uZsdI.png

Note the message at the top of the relocation/browsing window:

ISNoh.png

I choose the Various - Compilation folder, but uTorrent writes the wrong path (inserting the original VA - Compilation directory between the new one and the files I'm moving):

S22Kg.png

I really hope this can be easily fixed.

----------------------------

Just one other quick note: when Alternate list background color is enabled (in Preferences -> UI Settings), and you highlight a group of torrents, the highlight gets broken up into every other line when the focus changes (e.g. you choose an option that opens another window or click on one of the "Detailed Info" tabs below).

Before:

haCFy.png

After:

7TTJk.png

The same effect occurs anywhere the background color is alternated.

The option to choose which part(s) of the torrent to be downloaded is missing on this release. Here's the screenshot of the problem:

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/dothackjhe/?action=view&current=Capture.jpg

On that screenshot, I was trying to download the whole compilation of the Wheel of Time novel series.

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Professional x64. I had 3.1.2 before, and because it got banned on multiple private trackers I decided to upgrade to the latest beta version (build 26934). The problem is that my client does not connect to the other clients in the swarm. I can't, with other words, neither download or upload (however, the client sends correctly data to the tracker). All other versions of µTorrent don't have this bug.

The option to choose which part(s) of the torrent to be downloaded is missing on this release. Here's the screenshot of the problem:

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/dothackjhe/?action=view&current=Capture.jpg

On that screenshot, I was trying to download the whole compilation of the Wheel of Time novel series.

That isn't a bug. You probably clicked on a magnet link and, therefore, the torrent file is stored in the swarm, so your client doesn't know what the torrent contains before it's connects to a client who knows it.

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Professional x64. I had 3.1.2 before, and because it got banned on multiple private trackers I decided to upgrade to the latest beta version (build 26934). The problem is that my client does not connect to the other clients in the swarm. I can't, with other words, neither download or upload (however, the client sends correctly data to the tracker). All other versions of µTorrent don't have this bug.

Just for your information: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=649384#p649384

Hi' date=' I am running Windows 7 Professional x64. I had 3.1.2 before, and because it got banned on multiple private trackers I decided to upgrade to the latest beta version (build 26934). The problem is that my client does not connect to the other clients in the swarm. I can't, with other words, neither download or upload (however, the client sends correctly data to the tracker). All other versions of µTorrent don't have this bug.[/quote']

Just for your information: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=649384#p649384

Jupp, that's my problem. I hope this will be fixed as fast as possible.

That isn't a bug. You probably clicked on a magnet link and, therefore, the torrent file is stored in the swarm, so your client doesn't know what the torrent contains before it's connects to a client who knows it.

So how do go about about with this issue with magnet links? There's this particular torrent site I go to that don't offer .torrent file anymore but instead made use of magnet links which is the case.

dothackjhe - what specific issue? (This thread covers so many different subjects you cannot keep track without a score card.)

Magnet links work - you can download files. Does it work in the same manner as downloading a torrent file? No. Different specifications (perhaps not thought out well, but never the less - different).

The only way I can see (from my limited point of view) is the creation of a pending category where magnet links are stored - and started from to get the torrent file. Once the torrent is received the status of the magnet link could be set to "Ready", you would then be forced to :"Start downloading" manually. This would allow a person the opportunity to modify target locations, select which files they wish to download, etc. The loading of magnet links should not even bring up the "Add New Torrent" dialog box since 95% of the data on the screen is blank. Any changes that are necessary can be made after the torrent is downloaded.

So how do go about about with this issue with magnet links? There's this particular torrent site I go to that don't offer .torrent file anymore but instead made use of magnet links which is the case.

What issue? You just can't choose what files to download, since you don't have the torrent file. Any changes that are necessary can be made after the torrent file is downloaded from the swarm.

@jbebdad, Zhial

I wasn't used to downloading torrent files using the magnet link so I was surprised not to see the option to which we could choose which specifically to download from the torrent. Tried a .torrent file from another torrent site and found the issue not being a bug but rather a normal event with a magnet link as was stated by you two. This just shows that aside from download, upload, peers, seed, and leech ratio, I know not much about torrent lol. Kudos to the uTorrent team nonetheless. :D

why it totally not exited when clicked exit. program still running in windows task manager after clicked exit.??? :(

+1 ; and no transfers after some hours ; only remedy : launching 3.1.3 to prime 3.2 (under seven x64, under seven x86 still working) ( correction : only with incoming connections )

@ rafi seems not to hangwithout active torrent

@jbebdad, Zhial

I wasn't used to downloading torrent files using the magnet link so I was surprised not to see the option to which we could choose which specifically to download from the torrent. Tried a .torrent file from another torrent site and found the issue not being a bug but rather a normal event with a magnet link as was stated by you two. This just shows that aside from download, upload, peers, seed, and leech ratio, I know not much about torrent lol. Kudos to the uTorrent team nonetheless. :D

But it would be nice if µTorrent could wait for showing that windows until the .torrent-file is downloaded from the swarm, and then you can choose what to download before you even start the torrent. Now, you must start it to set which files you want to/don't want to download.

Hi there,

Since last version of utorrent i have a problem.

When i download a torrent, creates new folder.

i.e.

default folder for downloads of utorrent: c:\downloads

Download a torrent with name blablabla

then when start the download utorrent create c:\downloads\blablabla\blablabla.mp4

How i disable this?

Thanks and regards

Great job!

Hi there,

Since last version of utorrent i have a problem.

When i download a torrent, creates new folder.

i.e.

default folder for downloads of utorrent: c:\downloads

Download a torrent with name blablabla

then when start the download utorrent create c:\downloads\blablabla\blablabla.mp4

How i disable this?

Thanks and regards

Great job!

Read posts around here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=648998#p648998

For users reporting issues with µTorrent not connecting to peers on this version, we're investigating this.

The upcoming refresh today/Monday will likely not have any fixes related to this, though, as the investigation will take a few days.

Archived