Ran out of memory plz plz help [SOLVED]

AlexBest

I get a annoying error every time when open my pc and open a program i dont know if it affect my pc but i can play with ...

But how i can fix ?????

uTorrent give me that error ran out of memory

2jayrvc.jpg

Plz help and srr for my bad english

Error : Windows ran our of memory. Unable to allocate 52031034 bytes. Please close some application and press OK.

If i press ok apper again :(

OK, uTorrent is causing this. Reboot your computer and make sure that uT doesn't start on startup, use Windows search and find files called settings.dat and settings.dat.old that are located in a directory called: "utorrent". Make sure that you don't delete a "setting.dat" in a non "utorrent" directory. Delete these files, run uTorrent and installation process of uT will start.

It could be that you're setting.dat has gotten way too large in size...

Do what mcaspi says...Make sure you disable "start with windows" option in the Utorrent settings and stop all Utorrent instances in task manager.

Then you can proceed to make a backup of settings.dat and settings.old if you wish then delete the originals.

Its been a recent problem in the 3.2 beta build and this is only a temporary fix or you can use the last stable release until this problem is resloved!

AlexBest, you may be in the wrong utorrent folder unless you changed it...

and the settings file looks like a media file in your pic.

The default location should be in the roaming folder..VISTA\7= C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming

XP= C:\Documents and Settings\"yourusername"\ApplicationData\

I had the same problem with utorrent, 300-700mb in RAM used by utorrent, and somehow it got in compatibility mode for vista, solution was to uninstall and delete settings files, install again AND change it to win7 and everything was working fine. Without changing it wasn't working even after re-install.

Archived