µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

26994 can be found at <site not allowed>

oh! ... i got it .. sorry :)

but' date=' at the same time, how could it be found there .. but not here?

Hopefully i didn't install some fake...[/quote']

Nevertheless, I've installed it ;) And it works just fine!

http://download.utorrent.com/3.1.3/utorrent.27022.exe

New build up to hopefully fix the issues with the last one.

What about this 3.1.3 (27022)?

Is it stable, changelog, why isn't in the main download link (http://download.utorrent.com/3.1.3/uTorrent.exe) yet?

Give us more info about it please.

I'd like to know why last 3.1.2 build didn't offer me to update to 3.1.3 and why Check for Updates never finds anything even there is a new stable version.

Thanks in advance.

Things seem to work fine using 3.1.3 (27022) except when adding a .torrent file to an already opened client by double clicking.

"An older version of UTorrent is running, please shut down and try again." message always shows...Confirming the message proceeds to add the torrent successfully.

*UPDATE: It seems that the settings.dat is starting to grow on this version also..10MB

Utorrent started to get slow/hang on open and close at the 5MB mark.

The only thing I have done was added/scheduled Rss feeds and the normal downloading/seeding on a couple of .torrents when I noticed growth in the settings.dat.

Is anybody finding that when 3.1.3 (27022) starts in a standard user account, it prompts for elevation (and uses the settings in the admin %appdata% folder)?

3.1.3 (26837) in a standard user account just starts right away, no prompt - like it should (and uses the settings in the standard user %appdata% folder).

http://download.utorrent.com/3.1.3/utorrent.27022.exe

New build up to hopefully fix the issues with the last one.

info???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I believe that 27022 was released to beta on the 6th (last Friday) to test a fix for the growing settings.dat file issue. Per standard practice, we don't post a fix to stable until we test it internally and then in beta first. That's why the stable version was and is out-of-sync with the beta version.

Started up my uTorrent today to find it not fully loading and sitting in memory consuming 500+ MB. Looked at my settings.dat and find it's at 122MB, deleted and replaced with a backup, all okay. Let me know if you'd like a archived copy. Build 26994

I am a new user and I am confused as to why the Release Notes link for the latest 3.1.3 release (27022) bring up a topic which does not contain details of this release changes (ie the topic link is for release 3.1.3 (26994)).

Am I missing something?

To developers.....

Can someone do something in 3.1.3 what i will describe below, please :

In earlier versions of uTorrent ... (i think even in 3.01 series as well, that i was using before this 3.1.3) - i didn't have the problem that i am encountering now in 3.1.3.

The problem in 3.1.3 i had now several times already IS:

If i am choosing to download large torrent (say for example 10 or 20 gb total size) ... but i don't won't the entire thing (say torrent has some discography etc, but i only want to d/l 1 or 2 albums from it) .. - if my available Hard Drive space is limited (say i only have about 5 gb free left on my HD) ... - 3.1.3, most of the time, will NOT let me finish the download.

Say the 2 albums that i want to download - total size of them is 500 or 600 mb, which should be NO PROBLEM (cuz my HD available space is 5 gb) .. so with 3.1.3, it will start to d/l .. and then, say halfway or so the speed will drop totally and status of torrent will say something like for example "Flashing etc etc (300)" .. and NO go :(

With earlier versions of uTorrent .. even up to 3.01 as mentioned .. NO such problem exists!

There .. if my hard drive only has 5 gb left .. and torrent is 20 gb in size total, but i am choosing to d/l only 500 or 600 mb from it.. - NO PROBLEM whatsoever .. uTorrent WILL download the 2 desired albums .. no defects or anything.. and will show 100% done.

So currently it's a pain! .. if i am running 3.1.3 and want to download something like described above.. - i would have to downgrade, say, to 2.2.1 or 3.01 etc (anything but 3.1 series) .. and NO PROBLEM.. - get what i want.. and then if want to be running new 3.1.3 .. would have to install it again, just to encounter the same problem in the future.

Can something be done, please, in 3.1.3 (and in future versions for that matter) to accommodate for the current problem in 3.1.3 that i described above.

Thanks a lot!

Archived