µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One must question *when* it gets deemed too broke to fix? When are the problems more than the solutions. And when should another path, though closely aligned, be taken?

I still maintain that the 3x - and especially the 3.2x path is irrevocably broken.

Hey, simple guideline - if rafi can break it, it ain't fixed ;)

It's not irrevocably broken. We've been paying down a lot of tech debt, and our betas are a lot less stable than 2.x betas for that reason.

We believe we have them all now. A refresh will be coming today with the final fix (having tested this new fix with Rafi already)

Don't forget about "webui.download_folders" and "ct_hist" (of osmosis).

Yes' date=' and add_dialog_hist seems fixed now, but it still doesn't retain the trailing "\" in the folders, making it change to the directory above every time the Add dialog opens. (ie. G:\Temp\TVEps -> G:\Temp -> G:).[/quote']

I can't repro your bug with path components being stripped. Are you on 27026? If so, please give me steps to reproduce this issue and clarify how you're adding the torrents (magnet links, add by URL, torrent from your browser, etc).

I went back a couple of pages on this thread. And although I thought I did read something about this - I cannot seem to find it:

In the Trackers Tab. If you right mouse click - remove tracker(s). It locks up and if I try to do anything - crash. The program has tried to send the crash dump several times (I keep trying to delete a tracker that has an error status), but without success (Http error).

Don't forget about "webui.download_folders" and "ct_hist" (of osmosis).

Yes' date=' and add_dialog_hist seems fixed now, but it still doesn't retain the trailing "\" in the folders, making it change to the directory above every time the Add dialog opens. (ie. G:\Temp\TVEps -> G:\Temp -> G:).[/quote']

I can't repro your bug with path components being stripped. Are you on 27026? If so, please give me steps to reproduce this issue and clarify how you're adding the torrents (magnet links, add by URL, torrent from your browser, etc).

I just found out this bug too, using 27026.

When you add a torrent (mine was from torrent file), if the input path has trailing \, such as c:\utorrent\, it will be saved correctly.

If c:\utorrent is typed as the path, the history entry will become c:\ instead of c:\utorrent

And of course the history does not have the mentioned entry in the first place.

Add_dialog_hist doesn't retain the trailing "\" in the folders' date=' making it change to the directory above every time the Add dialog opens. (ie. G:\Temp\TVEps -> G:\Temp -> G:).[/quote']I can't repro your bug with path components being stripped. Are you on 27026? If so, please give me steps to reproduce this issue and clarify how you're adding the torrents (magnet links, add by URL, torrent from your browser, etc).

Add torrent from browser, multi-file. In the Add New Torrent dialog I browse "Save In" to "G:\Temp\TVEps", clear the "Name" field because I want to save the contents directly to the chosen folder, and click OK. The next time the Add New Torrent dialog comes up, instead of "G:\Temp\TVEps" it will show "G:\Temp", and if saved to there ("Name" cleared again), the next time it will show "G:".

My suggestion to "retain the trailing \" is because if you have one in the "Save In" path, (ie. "G:\Temp\TVEps\") then it doesn't go to the directory above; but honestly that shouldn't happen anyway, so that's the real bug. Hope this helps!

Edit: More accurately narrowed down the steps - must be multi-file and "Name" must be empty.

Doesn't happen to me (or, I guess, to Firon...)... Are you sure you run the latest build? Maybe some other setting of yours causes this. What OS/FS ?
Windows 7 Professional SP1, 32-bit, NTFS, µTorrent 3.2.27026. Hmm, well I guess I'll go dust off my big list of bugs again and pick a new one to champion for the next couple weeks. :P

Edit: Figured out how to recreate. Looks like there're extra steps. Reproduction post above edited.

Edit: Figured out how to recreate.

Now you are talking... Deleting the "Name" field... sheesh... And why don't you just add the "\" manually when you mess up the "standard" and delete the name... :P Such a big fuss over such a small issue... :) I think it happens only for multi-files torrents (select-folder dialog, not save as) :P

Issues I've had with uTorrent but still persists up to this point:

- uTorrent locking on the process seen on the task manager even after closing the app

- Some trouble updating

- Multiple uTorrent processes (depends on how many attempts were used to re-run the app)

Exclusive for this beta version:

- It takes too long to load uTorrent after every startup of the system

- Difficulty in running the app overall; re-running causes multiple processes of the same app running as seen on the task manager

- Difficulty uninstalling

> - uTorrent locking on the process

Confirmed. I've noticed it happens mostly when you have an active/downloading torrent. Till they'll fix it - try to stop those before you exit.

>- Multiple uTorrent processes/-running causes multiple processes

All related to the above

> - It takes too long to load

Make sure your settings.dat is not corrupted/enlarged from running previous buggy builds...

It's a big deal when 90% of the torrents you use are only multi-file because of garbage .txt files you deselect, so you don't want them in their own subfolders. ;)

True... Since I use RSS auto-downloading I just have to live with it... as well as need to delete fake .rar torrents all the time :( On the bright side - you can at least avoid issues of files with similar names at the same folder...

Since I don't see the devs improving any of the RSS features/filters in the near future, I guess I really need to find time to look more into either Yahoo's "Pipes" http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/ or http://flexget.com/ tools - to create more useful filters, avoid rar fakes, and maybe avoid some multi-files torrents altogether ;)

- uTorrent locking on the process seen on the task manager even after closing the app

- Some trouble updating

- Multiple uTorrent processes (depends on how many attempts were used to re-run the app)

- Difficulty in running the app overall; re-running causes multiple processes of the same app running as seen on the task manager

Make sure your settings.dat is not large. If it's more than like 100kb or so, then you should delete it + .old before starting up uT.

- Some trouble updating

Make sure your settings.dat is not large. If it's more than like 100kb or so' date=' then you should delete it + .old before starting up uT.[/quote']

How do I go about doing that? Where can I find settings.dat and that .old file? How are those significant in uTorrent?

- Some trouble updating

Make sure your settings.dat is not large. If it's more than like 100kb or so' date=' then you should delete it + .old before starting up uT.[/quote']

How do I go about doing that? Where can I find settings.dat and that .old file? How are those significant in uTorrent?

%APPDATA%\Roaming\uTorrent

Archived