µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

Oh, 1000 torrents crashes it? That's actually good to know. We've only really tested 3.3 with just a few torrents.

On the first run 3.3 worked fine for 1 hours (1100 torrent loaded, 2 in dl, 16 in seed), then crashes and no way to start again.
I was just telling you that the "submit crashdumps to dev" feature actually goes to us.
It works now? Ok, I'm going to use it (All my previous try failed, so I stopped to use it).

bye

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll withdraw my joy, this version does not work. :)

When one or more of the file is "do not download", appears in the "Status" bar at the message "The specified path does not exist". Although all files are selected, still does not download anything.

same for me... if torrent consist more then 1 file (many files) uTorrent show me error "The specified path does not exist" ((( clean install win7 x32

I think I'll withdraw my joy, this version does not work. :)

When one or more of the file is "do not download", appears in the "Status" bar at the message "The specified path does not exist". Although all files are selected, still does not download anything.

Yes, I can confirm it. And the single remedy is to mark for download *all* content of torrent file.

When prompted to install the update, I had to uncheck all of the unwanted additional junk they wanted to install. NO, I don't want the utorrent toolbar on my browser. NO, I don't want to make utorrent my home page. Does ANYONE ever want to change their home page? That seems pretty narcissistic on the part of the software developers.

And even through I unchecked all of these things, it still added a toolbar to my browser and put utorrent in my quicklaunch area.

So I've unchecked auto-updates (which probably won't make a difference), and I'll upgrade once utorrent simply stops working.

:(

Uh' date=' that's not a bug... it just says it hashed that much data.[/quote']

Why 3.x is a lot of disk read for hashing?

hashing bytes = disk read bytes

So high disk load.

Is this normal?

I am using 2.0.4. And it does not do such a thing.

except the "I accept the terms" box.

lol... That's exactly your mistake... :P If you have read the terms you could see those are the terms for those toolbars, and not uTorrent... :(

Next time please read the full terms before agreeing to anything, and blaming uTorrent after that... ;)

So high disk load.

Is this normal?

Hashing is not necessarily read bytes from DISK. Even if it's hashed from the cache, I believe it still shows up there.

Next time please read the full terms before agreeing to anything' date=' and blaming uTorrent after that... ;)[/quote']

I don't know if your smiley emoticons indicate that you're joking. Are you serious about the above statement?

No, but if this check-box is specifically on a dialog related to those crapware, don't agree. uTorrent terms were in another dialog, that you pressed "agree" in...

So high disk load.

Is this normal?

Hashing is not necessarily read bytes from DISK. Even if it's hashed from the cache, I believe it still shows up there.

I monitor "Windows 7 | Resource Monitor | Disk | Processes with Disk Activity | Read (B/sec)"

= uTorrent 3.x hashing bytes

Hashing is read bytes from DISK. Not memory.

No, but if this check-box is specifically on a dialog related to those crapware, don't agree. uTorrent terms were in another dialog, that you pressed "agree" in...

It had nothing to do with the crapware. There were checkboxes specific to that. 2-3 of them, and then the standard checkbox about the terms, like all software installations have, that you can't continue past if you don't check them. And yes, that was my English grammar teacher twitching in her grave as I typed that.

No' date=' but if this check-box is specifically on a dialog related to those crapware, don't agree. uTorrent terms were in another dialog, that you pressed "agree" in...[/quote']

It had nothing to do with the crapware. There were checkboxes specific to that. 2-3 of them, and then the standard checkbox about the terms, like all software installations have, that you can't continue past if you don't check them. And yes, that was my English grammar teacher twitching in her grave as I typed that.

Then maybe you should read the whole line: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7792/asasasu.png

27150 is mush less responsive during start up time (reading torrents and filling the tree). I have data files both on local and stand-alone HDD.

One minor issue related to this problem:

Top tree entry (e.g. "Torrents (397)") has two kinds of icon: static and round during initialization. Once I started uTorrent and see static icon (like it finished initialization) and only 4 torrents. I was scared stiff but in several seconds uTorrent unfrozen and changed icon to round arrows. Maybe makes sense to create top entry with round icon from the very beginning to avoid heart attack? :)

Archived