Hello, I am having a problem with the dl speeds not updating right. along with the graph. i had posted about this in the last thread. here is my msg from there: and a response that i tried and it didnt help. HaMaN wrote: from one of the last 2 updates, it caused my xfer speeds (both dl & ul) to not update correctly any more. they just stay at a particular speed, and maybe once every min it might change. the speed graph does the same thing... the graph looks, i dunno, digital? moving in solid steps, (with alot of flat lines) not analog like before. u can tell its not right. in task man i can see the network speed go up and down and all over, like normal when DLin, but the graph doesn't show this anymore. its just moving in solid 'steps'. back to v2 i guess... --- Is your CPU usage very high when this happens? Is there a lot of disk I/O? Also, please take a look at gui.update_rate in the advanced settings. The default is 1000 (milliseconds). Try setting it lower, and see if that changes the behaviour. "Experimental" would be a better label. ================================== i have always had my gui.update_rate set to 500 for quicker updates, but i tried putting it back to 1000. there was no change to the problem. i have found others in this thread with the same problem, so its not just me. -- ---- ======================= ----- #184 2011-05-07 09:24:07 Something strange in download graph: dlspeedw.th.jpg bye ----- #196 Yesterday 18:55:17 zdnko wrote: Something strange in download graph: dlspeedw.th.jpg bye I noted this phenomena when I was attempting to seed box my servers.. It would peak, drop down then hold on a solid speed for a while then go back up and hold again.. It's very weird. This build needs some love pretty badly >.< ---- ===== This happens on 2 different machines here, desktop and laptop, both running w7 x64. i've also noticed the general high cpu usage on 3 vs. 2.xx which i dont much like. given that and this speed updating issue, i've gone back to 2.2.1. , which i have to say is fast, low CPU usage, quick updating and just works! No prob though, cuz i do understand this is a beta. So i report the problems i find and await fixes to these problems! thanx, Rob p.s. - sry about the BOLD and ITALICS. i didn't mean to be 'yelling' or rude. i just did it to make the sections clearly separate.