Established Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


gjm last won the day on May 16 2020

gjm had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2 Neutral


About gjm

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    WinDefender still reports a PUA... Meh. Thanks rafi.
  2. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    I was struggling to remember the process! Thanks.
  3. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    I wondered why the file sizes different... The first file appears to be build 46036, while the second is 46074. Both are the 'big' files at 5Mb or so.
  4. No - it is not. A torrent loads and displays (or if using a Magnet, loads, typically waits, then displays) and the 'Start torrent ' box is ticked. Sometimes I will deselect some files if I don't want to download them. However, it requires me to manually start the torrent before any connection or download commences. Once that has happened, I very rarely make any changes to what is being downloaded.
  5. Got it again. Almost identical situation, only this time uTorrent got to displaying 'Flushing to disk' before reverting to 99.8%, 99.9% 'Flushing to disk', and so on. Again - stopped the torrent, forced recheck, but this time it still won't complete. There are files within the torrent that I chose to not download, but that was before starting the download. Since the download has been running, there have been no changes to this torrent.
  6. I don't think I skipped anything. But I've had the same problem again. New laptop (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 32Gb RAM), new build of Windows (10 Pro, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0), uTorrent v3.5.5 build 46038. I didn't skip or change anything. Same situation though - a couple of files hadn't completed (99.8%, flicking to and from 99.9% total out of around 300Mb), download speed was 1Mbps for well over an hour. I stopped the download, forced a recheck, restarted the torrent and it completed in about 3 seconds.
  7. Left it overnight. Just one torrent, the 11 files set to download, 1 file incomplete. Whenever checked it was 'downloading' at over 100kbps, yet has progressed from 95.4% to 97%. What could be happening?
  8. I have a 2.64Gb torrent I am downloading, comprised of 12 files. One file I am not downloading - it's only 31b. This is currently the only active torrent. There are between 4 and 11seeds: I've never been connected to more than two. Download speed varies from a few kbps, to hundreds of kbps. (We don't have huge bandwidth here.) Status is 'Downloading 99.8%'; of the 11 files I am downloading within this torrent, 10 have completed and one has completed 83.8MB of 87.8MB - 95.4% of the file is completed. This is the only incomplete file. Oddly, downloading will sometimes show 99.9%, stay that way for a while, then drop back to 99.8%. However, regardless of how long I leave the torrent, it continues to show as downloading. Sometimes it drops the connection and shows 'Connecting to peers', but it has sat at between 12kbps and 300kbps for hours, with absolutely no change in the amount completed, or percentage of file completed. ETA (time remaining) changes from as little as a few seconds, to several minutes, to ∞. To recap - torrent is showing as downloading, with variations in speed of download, but there is no change in amount or percentage downloaded. Any thoughts?
  9. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    Did that. Just surprised to see it pop up.
  10. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    Downlad fails - 'Virus detected.' Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker." Webfile: uTorrent_beta_LAA.zip
  11. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    I sometimes have similar issues - clicking on a magnet link won't work as Windows reports a PUA. Going to security settings reveals no issues, no scan results, and no quarantine items. Windows being a PITA. Can normally get around this by marking the app as not a PUA or other threat, and ensuring Defender and firewall are configured to allow uTorrent. The magnet download is proving unresolvable at present, but I can download torrent files and add them to uTorrent manually.
  12. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    De-associated, and re-associated. Just need to find something I want to download! (The downloading bit works without issue.) Latest problem is a persistent message that pops up when starting uTorrent. A newer version of uTorrent, 3.5.5 build 45974 is already running. Would you like to downgrade to 3.5.5 build 45852? Choose "No" to continue running uTorrent." I choose 'No'. This is a persistent issue. It's appeared for the last 3 or 4 beta version updates.
  13. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    Downloaded and installed 45966. Magnets no longer load, advising uTorrent is already running. I can download torrent files. These do not work if double-clicked (file associations are set up) but *do* work if dragged to the uTorrent client. Tried the suggested route of opening the .exe and simply cop[y/pasting the uTorrent file - it's not there.
  14. gjm

    3.5.x Beta

    So this'll be the 'full' version with all the added, and unwanted stuff. I wan to test and prove improved versions. Not fight through the rubbish. Please post links to 'clean' beta versions.