unforgiven_sh

Established Members
  • Content Count

    44
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by unforgiven_sh


  1. Since the new disk i/o was introduced in 3.3 I'm getting abnormal pagefile usage with every version since. The pagegefile usage gets increased up to 1.5 Gb and frees up as soon as I close uT. I've seen few posts here mentioning that problem but haven't seen any solutions. Is this even acknowledged by the devs?


  2. Is the unusual pagefile usage in 3.3 even being looked at by the devs?

    I've seen it being mentioned here multiple times but nothing's being done about it.

    I've been updating uTorrent for every new (3.3) build and reverting back to 3.2.3 after a few hours.

    The problem is: whenever I close uTorrent 3.3 after it's been running for several hours there's a 200-300 mb drop in task managers physical memory usage history graph.

    And if someone is saying the problem is at my end, they should first explain to me why its not happening with 3.2.3


  3. Is the unusual pagefile usage in 3.3 even being looked at by the devs?

    I've seen it being mentioned here multiple times but nothing's being done about it.

    I've been updating uTorrent for every new (3.3) build and reverting back to 3.2.3 after a few hours.

    The problem is: whenever I close uTorrent 3.3 after it's been running for several hours there's a 200-300 mb drop in task managers physical memory usage history graph.

    And if someone is saying the problem is at my end, they should first explain to me why its not happening with 3.2.3


  4. Now that you have started with uTorrent Plus and what not' date=' and are constantly developing a 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 branch all at once.. Why not simply add a uTorrent Lite, stripping all the nonsense many of us doesn't really care about (anti-virus, streaming, transcoding / converting and all other things not directly related to actually downloading and uploading using the torrent protocol..)

    ...

    [/quote']

    We are thinking about releasing something like this.

    Soon.

    there's no need for "uTorrent Lite". just move the non-essential stuff to uTorrent Plus and make a win-win out of it.


  5. i have the same problem as xacox, but im not a initial seeder tough, just a normal peer.

    the speed graph used to look like a mountain landscape until i disabled the bandwidth management in the bittorrent settings section. now the graph is a straight line going along my max ul/dl speed values.

    everyone experiencing the same speed problems should try the same


  6. i get great speeds with this build, its amazing :)

    the only thing i noticed is the reduced DHT count in the uT's status bar, on 1.8 i was getting 300+ while now it stays at 150+.

    also two GUI bugs: when browsing torrents by labels and then clicking on the 'all' field on the left panel nothing changes. the second one is the blue wave icon above the 'all feeds' field cut in half by the separator line

    will stick with this build for now

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    edit: the DHT is back to normal, and the 'label' - 'all' switching works, sorry


  7. in the setup guide the save & close button should always be enabled because i cant get any results from any of the test servers (always getting errors). when i manually choose my connection type i cant apply it because the save & close button is grayed out.

    i assume that the save & close button becomes functional only after a successful b/w test, but we should be able to change the connection type without doing the test because its too buggy ATM


  8. after doing some more tests i found out that my speed problem WAS uTP related.

    i tried TCP only (bt.transp_disposition=5) as rafi pointed out, "Enable bandwidth management" check-box got disabled by itself and after restarting the app transfer speeds went back to normal. (i went forth and back few times to conform this was the problem)

    @dev team: please take care of this one