Broken hash checking?

Zief

I'm using currently beta 465 but i also experienced this problem in earlier versions. So the actual problem is that ut downloads file perfectly, hash checking done with sfv is passed always 100%, but even when i'm sure that file is downloaded well, after forcing re-check ut tries to download part of some already completed file (one that passed sfv test and ut previously showed as downloaded). Here is sample screenshot:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/107/screenshot11512519498rs.jpg

It shows file that passed svf hash check and thats starts to download end of it after forcing re-check in ut.

No thumbs.db and yes, they are multi-file.

Not sure if that matters but the last time it happened was on 6 GB torrent and i wanted only half of it so checked one folder not to download (however ut after finishing download showed 100% and after re-checking 99% but sfv was still showing full download)

Yeah but now after re-downloading sfv still shows files as correct. Dont see any way how this file could be corrupted because i haven't even opened the files, just browsing and checking sfv in Total Commander. No antivirus, firewall etc. Anyway this happened a tew times and i find this very strange, so now i will re-check every file and report if this happens again. looks all i can do for now :/

So im back. And the news arent good:/

This time i had a little deeper look into the problem. First downloaded with ut problematic rar (e-mgs3s1.074), ut shows it as completed, crc in sfv and rar (check files in winrar) is shown as ok. As the file was completed i generated sha1 checksum. Then forced ut to re-hash, and bah, end of file is shown as incomplete :/ Anyway allowed ut to download this file again till end, finished, checked all the sums (sfv and sha1 generated previously) and they are still correct! My suspicion is that end of this problematic file is partially blank (http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9590/062920061058304ic.png), however .nfo and .sfv files that are text files also are being wrong hash-checked avery time and this is i think because they are small (~25KB). All these test were the same repeatable with cache enabled and disabled, partfile enabled. And all is hash-checked propertly until i delete partfile and force re-check. So decided to *disable partfile*, re-downloaded end of problematic file, sha1 generated at the beginning os tests still was correct. Stopped torrent, deleted unneeded files (partfile disabled). Forced re-check and still showed as incomplete (sha1 still the same so ?). Deleted resume.dat files, forced re-check and still the same. So let the ut to complete download. Downloaded, sfv and sha1 without changes, stopped, forced re-check and everything OK! Then deleted unwandet files (partfiledisabled), forced re-check and this one rar, sfv's and nfo's shown as incomplete, but sha1 and crc's not-changed :/

Then after all these test, can You tell me whats wrong? My guess is that ut cache somewhere information and thats the reason of bad hash-checking. I see no other reason why after deleting some unwanted parts ut re-checkks in another way :/

These test were done without cache, so one question about it: if enabled is it writed during exit of the program?

I've never had it do this, and I downloaded torrents with SFV/NFO all the time. Deleting files will cause the "end" to be missing for files you already have because they share pieces with them.

So, you've just been deleting files and this is why you think there's broken hash checking? :rolleyes:

I deleted partfile if partfile was enabled and when partfile was disabled i deleted files that were in some way downloaded but checked in ut as "Don't download". Then has-check in ut showed other files (completed and untouched, they had priority "normal") as incomplete. This IMHO shouldnt affect other files, but maybe i'm missing some thing in how torrent hash-checking works.

Regarding sharing pieces, what do you mean?

You can't delete the partfile until you've REMOVED the torrent.

BT has no concept of files, it only understands pieces. A piece can be shared by multiple files. Delete one file, you will make the client re-download ALL pieces it belonged to.

Archived