Bad bug, First and last blocks download when told to skip

aether22

I have had this with a few torrents recently, the latest occasion is the worse.

I want to download just one or 2 files in a very large torrent of 85GB, I start the torrent and then in a few secs before receiving has begun I set all but these 2 files I want to not download.

Problem is there are lots and lots of files and the piece size is 8MB, and so it downloads a GB or more of data I don't want and didn't ask for.

Additionally when the torrent tells me I am at 100% and momentarily goes to seeding before it switches back to downloading going over 100% because the file I asked it to download aren't complete, indeed they may have barely started since getting the first and last piece of each file seems to be given the ultimate priority.

So now I have to wait for it to get to 115% (one since went over 300%) or so before hopefully the only files of interest are done, but I have downloaded far more data, eaten up my bandwidth and filled my HDD beyond capacity.

Actually I have unlimited data with my ISP, but my laptop really did fill up on those extra GB, going to have to delete more...

note: win 8.1 in 3.4.3 latest build

>start the torrent and then in a few secs before receiving has begun I set all but these 2 files I want to not download.

>I don't want and didn't ask for.

Next time, make skipped files *before* you start . It probably pre-allocates files per your setting.

Archived